Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Reichsleitung visor cap

Article about: I need some advice on a political leader's visor cap before i bid. My lack of expertise and condition of cap scare me. Also thanks for your forum its been a great educational tool for me.

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    I did not notice that you are a new member so welcome to this site. There is a great abundance of reliable information stored on this site which is available through the search function. If I may offer to you a suggestion, self educate yourself in the field you wish to collect. The time will come when posting pictures on the forum are not an option. At such a time, stored personal knowledge and experience will be of the greatest value to you.

Well said.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsleitung visor cap
    P
    Many

Reichsleitung visor capReichsleitung visor capReichsleitung visor capReichsleitung visor capOur own Wim Saris has written this book, which, to my mind, contains much of what one needs for this kind of endeavor. And you can read it by candle light if the power plant is destroyed by terrorists or you do not want the special services to know which websites you visit....!

?

Quote by 1963rivera View Post
    Thanks everyone for all your help and knowledge. Saved me from a big mistake.
    Welcome and please do take some time to browse and search. This very cap is posted along with other very dubious examples here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...visors-337843/

Reichsleitung visor capSaris has a fine description in detail and with the sources of the evolution of said cap.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Welcome and please do take some time to browse and search. This very cap is posted along with other very dubious examples here:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...visors-337843/
    and, of course, the stalwarts here provide a marvelous service of research and analysis with illustrations as found in no book or any other website in the whole shooting match. Ben is a leader along with Bob.
    I follow this kind of cap because of its model function for SS caps, that is, the early SS peaked cap followed more or less the trends with the Rw style cap introduced for the NSDAP ca. 1933/4, in which the features of the early caps are crucial to spot fakes and avoid the cunning trickery that troubles the wider world.

Rivera, one of the easiest tells on this series of fakes is the brushed cotton band. Real ones used velvet.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

I took everyone's advice got my subscription and ordered Wim Saris book volume three to start. The hat i posted sold today for 1,200 american dollars. Guess more people need to join this site. Think i spotted another one. Looks likes trying to be a early political with a late rzm tag.
    https://www.proxibid.com/asp/LotDeta...er-Level-Named
    THANKS AGAIN

Reichsleitung visor capBravo. The cap in the auction is a nice one and, in fact, as near as I can tell its pieces add up, which the NSDAP savants here can better describe. The Saris book is a fount of great learning and knowledge crucial for the collector, and will repay its price many times over.
    He is a stalwart here and a generous and informed man.

The cap is ill described, it is a Kreisleitung cap of the Form III, I think, with the black piping in use for the Kreisleitung der NSDAP (.....not Reichsleitung)

Such caps had either a silver or alu or golden cord according to the model of collar patch.

Would the number on the tag be written in Ballpoint ink??
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

As FB said, from the images, this appears to be a period original Form III hat worn by a NSDAP official at the Kreis level.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast