MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Reichswehr 17 JR feldmutze ?

Article about: I found several years ago in Germany this hat, it is very bumpy, very faded. The piped white today are under more or less green forestunless the fabric green has tinted the white , the headb

Default Reichswehr 17 JR feldmutze ?

I found several years ago in Germany this hat, it is very bumpy, very faded.
    The piped white today are under more or less green forestunless the fabric green has tinted the white , the headband is a little torn at the back and the fabric inside is also forest green, I think the badge was changed to JR92, but the skull has a beautiful patina.

Thank you in advance for your answersReichswehr 17 JR  feldmutze ?Reichswehr 17 JR  feldmutze ?Reichswehr 17 JR  feldmutze ?Reichswehr 17 JR  feldmutze ?Reichswehr 17 JR  feldmutze ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichswehr 17 JR  feldmutze ?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichswehr 17 JR feldmutze ?

Hi

Interesting cap with lots of contridictions as well. If you don't mind me saying I am not sure it is a reichswehr cap, certainly not an issue one.

The colour looks grey on my monitor, any chance of better pictures to show the colour of the crown and cap band to help establish what it may be.

cheers

Tony

I have a little disjointed the banner to find the original color it Seem to be black

Reichswehr 17 JR  feldmutze ?Reichswehr 17 JR  feldmutze ?

Hi

Thanks for identifying the colour. Black means it definitely is not Reichswehr.
    So the question is what is it ? Answer: honestly I do not know !

It has a military style about it and the chinstrap is the style used on early political and ss caps. The colour banding on the crown and upper part of the capband don't seem to have any military significance based on the new waffenfabre introduced in 1919 so i reckon it may be a civilian cap used by a vets organisation at a guess. the Imperial insignia could well be a later addition, hard to say on these pics.

see what other have to say I have been wrong before !.

Hope this hasn't disappointed.

cheers

tony

It is a fake.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    It is a fake.
    it is obvious that the badges are raised, but what cap? It is not a fake, it is very old, faded, the fabric is old.

The real and only question is what it was before it was transformed into M17 cap of 92

Hi

I think it was a civilian cap. maybe a vets org at best but not a military cap.

It is sadly a long way away from an M1917 field cap.

Sorry.

Tony