Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Repro Discussion

Article about: Does anyone know if W-SS officers ever wore cloth-skulls on their visor caps? Maybe late-war when supply was low? I remember seeing Hans Landa have one in the movie Inglorious Basterds. Movi

Default Repro Discussion

Does anyone know if W-SS officers ever wore cloth-skulls on their visor caps? Maybe late-war when supply was low? I remember seeing Hans Landa have one in the movie Inglorious Basterds. Movies often get things wrong, but still, I'd like to know, if this would be ''correct''. Like this one:
    Repro Discussion

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Repro Discussion
    P
    Many

Thanks, I see. Are there any known examples of officers having cloth-totenkopfs in their schirmmützes?

Quote by Blitzvogel View Post
    Thanks, I see. Are there any known examples of officers having cloth-totenkopfs in their schirmmützes?
    Not to my knowledge.

(But if so, it would have been a case of somebody's highly unusual, non-regulation, individual choice. Of course, as this thread shows, such things happened.)

Thanks for replying, HPL2008. I was wondering this as I thought of getting one in my repro-uniform's visor cap. I guess I should stick to the ''correct'' style, even though I find the cloth-skull a bit more stylish.

Also, the totenkopf Landa had in his crusher looks like an EM/NCO type to me, am I wrong? Shouldn't he have worn this one instead? (Pardon me if this goes off-topic)
    Repro Discussion

Repro Discussion
    Insignia grouping with portrait of a Hermann Goring Division obergrefreiter. This set includes the matched set of white backed collar tabs, matching HG shoulder straps, an embroidered enlisted breast eagle, a black would badge, rank chevron with hand-stitched panzer skull applied, marksman's lanyard, a cut length of a Hermann Goring cufftitle and a studio portrait of the obergrefreiter with hand-painted silver ran gulls and tresse on the shoulder boards. A very nice insignia set. $1999
    Last edited by BOB COLEMAN; 07-23-2014 at 09:20 PM.

Quote by Mussolini View Post
    Repro Discussion
    I have removed the dealer's name as we are not a free advertisement for dealer's wares. There is no way to certify that the totenkopf was worn on the rank chevron during the war. The photo has nothiing to do with the items displayed. There is no claim that all of this material was worn by the same man. It is likely an assembled grouping.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.