Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.

Article about: Hey all, Well here it is! My Michael Janke Allgemeine SS NCO cap from Extra Klasse. I have to say I feel like a kid at Christmas! The quality, Detail and craftsmanship is second to none. I h

?

Default Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.

Hi All!

I am looking to purchase a reproduction SS NCO visor cap for a display as I wont be able to afford an original any time soon and also I know next to nothing about 3rd Reich cloth headgear on the whole, Helmets and equipment is my area. Now I see plenty of reproductions online but which are best? I am looking at Soldier of fortune and Richard Underwood mainly they both have a good selection but SOF have caps made by the original maker Erel? Would these caps be worth paying the extra for? SOF have caps for £50 then the Erel caps for £80. Then Richards caps are more expensive again on the whole but I suspect better quality? As always any help appreciated guys. Cheers! Sean.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.
    P
    Many

?

I have a repro SS Visor Cap that i bought for 50.00 well 55.00 with p&p it is size 60-61. You can have it for 35.00 plus i'll do free delivery if you'd like it , Here is a link to the the one i have Epic Militaria > German Allgemeine EM/NCO Visor Cap , bought it from them about 2 months ago. Nice for a display piece , but if you are looking for a more expensive better quality cap then obviously you might want to browse the web for another purchase. However it is yours for 35.00 should you require it. PM me if interested. Best regards , Jimbo.

?

Hi Jimm! That is a very kind offer, Thank you very much! Although unfortunately it is an Allgemeine SS cap. I am after a Waffen SS cap or possibly SS panzer cap. Really appreciate your offer though, Thanks again. Cheers! Sean.

?

No Worries Sean. Hope you manage to get a nice one , that site does them for reasonable prices , but the best quality ones are here on this link Extra Classe - The online shop for Michael Janke caps & uniforms they are expensive but very close to the originals - the quality is immaculate.

Quote by seandm View Post
    Hi Jimm! That is a very kind offer, Thank you very much! Although unfortunately it is an Allgemeine SS cap. I am after a Waffen SS cap or possibly SS panzer cap. Really appreciate your offer though, Thanks again. Cheers! Sean.
    Ahhhh! Second time today; the black cap shown in the link provided in this thread is NOT a Allgemeine SS visor. It's a black SS visor that was used by several divisions of the SS including, but not limited to the Allgemeine-SS. As an example, personnel of the LAH wore these same black SS visors which are so often incorrectly identified as an Allgemeine visor.

?

I said in my first post I know next to nothing about 3rd Reich cloth headgear and the link to the cap is advertised as an Allegemeine visor cap. Cheers.

Richard Underwood is really good to deal with. And his stuff is of God quality. You could always try James Brown at rz militaria. He is also Ok. I was with them both last week end

?

Hi John! Yeah I am really swayed towards Richard, He always has high quality kit and like you say he is good to deal with! I am currently waiting for an item from him now actually. I will look up rz militaria think I have visited there before. Cheers! Sean.

Quote by seandm View Post
    I said in my first post I know next to nothing about 3rd Reich cloth headgear and the link to the cap is advertised as an Allegemeine visor cap. Cheers.
    I know, sorry if my prior post appeared rude, such wasn't my intent. However, if you're going to buy one I'd think you would want to know what exactly it is along with it's history. Just doesn't make sense to me that someone would want to own one, yet know nothing about them.

?

No worries! I do appreciate the info, I want to learn more about German cloth headgear in general. I never new the black visor caps were worn by other units of the SS so straight there I have learnt something new. I would like to display one of the more typical field grey visor caps worn by the Waffen SS if thats correct? Now I think typing this I am actually amazed I know so little about this type of headgear considering how long I have been collecting as well as researching etc as well! What would you make of the reproductions made by Erel? Is that a guarantee of quality as such? Being produced by the same manufacturer I would assume they would be absolutely correct in detail. Cheers! Sean.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast