Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.

Article about: Hey all, Well here it is! My Michael Janke Allgemeine SS NCO cap from Extra Klasse. I have to say I feel like a kid at Christmas! The quality, Detail and craftsmanship is second to none. I h

Does anyone veiw these wonderful caps with their mouths open? Simply stunning.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reproduction Erel visor cap help please.
    P
    Many

"Does anyone veiw these wonderful caps with their mouths open?"
    And wallet They are stunning!! I missed out on the most exquisite Pz the other day..Mint and great price,seller told me i missed out by 2 minutes..Give me a day in your house FB

Quote by seandm View Post
    Exactly Karl! It will do for now and I am sure when I get a better quality repro I will look at this and shake my head lol but I like it. I think I might either get one of the same model issue cap posted but from Richard Underwood or the one pictured below which is an SS Panzer NCO cap made by Erel from SOF. They are £80. Is that reasonable? It seems so to me, The ones on Extra Klasse look fantastic but are just too expensive for what could ultimately be just a temporary display. Cheers, Sean.

Attachment 670656Attachment 670657
    The ones from extra klasse are made by a Herr Janke, they are original reproductions made to order.
    These caps and the term janke are often discussed on other forums to describe fakes. The original source of these caps came into the uk in the 1990's to fill a gap in the re-enactment market. About the same time as SOF got going. Personally I would buy Richard Underwoods caps rather than SOF if you cannot afford an extra klass.

If you decide on an extra klass or an underwood cap then pm me and I will try and get you a discount......

cheers

Tony

?

Thanks Tony, Will do!

Janke is and or was a German firm of some lineage that has made fakes since whenever. They are widely found.

I was impaled on one in the late 1980s.

FB......I have had a couple of "original Janke " in my time as well !

cheers

Tony

Quote by spandau View Post
    FB......I have had a couple of "original Janke " in my time as well !

cheers

Tony
    Thanks. We are glad you rose above the issue and have gone on to build such a fine collection and a superior presence on this website.

?

Right... Firstly I apologize I am changing my mind more times than a kid in a toy store but now I am thinking about this cap from Extra Klasse. I have decided if I am going to spend any money on a reproduction I am going to make sure its a good one and Extra Klasse from what I gather on here is the place to go! Description and link to picture below.

Allgemeine-SS Enlisted Man & NCO Peaked Cap.
    Allgemeine-SS Em's & NCO ranks peaked cap.
    This cap has a black tricot top & cap band. Comes complete with metal eagle & skull. Antiqued set shown on cap.
    Available with 1st or 2nd pattern eagle & skull set, select in colours box.

http://www.extraklasse.co.uk/viewpho...ph=1474&phqu=1

I take it that would be as close to an original as I would get? Also what insignia would be best on it? It says the insignia on it is antiqued and I think it looks really good but is that authentic? Would silver be better? Also what pattern insignia is fitted in the picture please I have no idea of difference between 1st and 2nd pattern. Cheers! Sean.

?

Hi Guys, Just thought I would try to reignite this thread as I am hoping to place an order for one of these caps with Extra Klasse tomorrow. If you could advise me based on the previous post, Also I spoke to someone at Extra Klasse briefly on the phone about availability etc but the signal was really weak and I didn't gather much from the call. I will try again first thing tomorrow however, One thing he did ask is whether I want tricot or wool band. I have no idea what this means lol. What ever is more authentic as far as I am concerned. Could anyone explain? Thanks all. Cheers, Sean.

?

Hey all! I went ahead and placed an order with James at Extra Klasse today for this Allgemeine SS visor http://www.extraklasse.co.uk/viewpho...ph=1474&phqu=1 Hope you like! He had one left in stock sized 57 so it was immediately dispatched and James very kindly emailed me earlier to inform me it should be with me by 13:00 tomorrow. At first I wasn't sure whether to order a size 58/59 and wait but James informed me it would be a 8/10 week wait by which point I will probably have forgot I wanted one lol and as it is intended for a display, Not wear I figured it didn't matter too much. So will post pictures as soon as it arrives tomorrow

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast