Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SA Kepi

Article about: Hi All, To me this SA Kepi is a one looker, it has all the proper features, nice form, maker logo, RZM tag, my only question/concern is why are there no metal grommets on the sides? did some

Default SA Kepi

Hi All,
    To me this SA Kepi is a one looker, it has all the proper features, nice form, maker logo, RZM tag, my only question/concern is why are there no metal grommets on the sides? did some Kepi's not have them? is this proper for this one? Thank you for your help!!!!!!!!

SA KepiSA KepiSA KepiSA KepiSA KepiSA KepiSA Kepi

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Kepi
    P
    Many

A ventilation hole is visible in one of your not especially clear images. One often finds that the Gruppenfarbe got switched, i.e. the person transferred from one
    unit to another. Ergo, the new Farbenbesatz can cover the ventilation. The RZM tag is an early type, but it is also faked.
    I cannot type the word "grommet" without a seizure of dread. Ditto for the collector phrase bar none: "crimped prongs."
    Too much Angst is associated with the collecting of these things.

Wim can surely say something on this score.

SA KepiSA KepiSA KepiSA KepiSA KepiSA KepiMy Kuepper SS kepi has covered ventilation holes, in fact.

Thank you for the fast reply, sorry about the seller photos, I will ask him to check or feel for holes under the fabric, I am not sure why only one hole would be visible, it looks too round to be a moth nip though, can we lean toward this one being original? I may give up looking for a kepi if this one is fake but it does look proper to me.

Thanks for your thanks. The solution in this contingency is that you get the item in hand, and make very clear photographs for us. Especially of the RZM tag. But the other traits, too, especially relevant signs of age. Don't give up looking. Grenadier Militaria in California has a lot of very real kepis from a fine, fine collection.

Normally there should be grommets, two of them.
    You can find also kepi's with one grommet on each side, but that is not according regulation.
    Maybe a new group-color cover was used and the grommets are covered by that. You can
    eventually feel holes in the body through the cloth (look at the inner if holes are visible).

The early tag show 27 which is Felix Weissbach from Glauchau, distributed by "[B]Der Stahlhof/B]"
    at Magdeburg. This is a sort of RZM from the "Bund der Frontsoldaten, Stahlhelm". Have not
    ever seen this before.

One day the Stahlhelm-organization was absorbed by the SA. Better photos are required!

From the photos, the wool appears to be unusual from that found on period kepis. This is also for an Austrian unit before the unification with Germany. If a genuine early kepi, it have signs of the earlier pattern flat eagle. Pictures do not tell everything but this piece from the photos is troubling to me.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I think the cap might be okay. It is the same kepi, as is credited to John Coy in volume 3 for
    "Headgear of Hitler's Germany" on page 560 (middle photo).

It is a cap for the "Kurpfalz"-district with silver button, according the SA color from about
    March 1934. In the book was said "Ostmark", but then it should have been a golden colored
    button. The SA-group "Ostmark" in the caption for page 560 is a mistake and must have been
    overseen by me! I am getting confused myself.

Wilhelm call me crazy but after looking at the cap you mention in your book and the one for sale if compared side by side it is the very same cap! Same wear marks on the chin strap and same gaps in the stitching! Is this possible? When you said the same kepi as in your book I thought you meant the same style not the same exact one!

You're not crazy. It is the same cap. I think mr. Coy did sell his cap one day
    and it started "wandering" around in the collecting world. I know mr. Coy had
    an excellent collection of headgear! Remember volume 3 was published in
    1998, which is many, many years ago by now!

SA Kepi

I do like the "Der Stahlhof"-indication in the inner very much!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast