Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SA Kepi for review

Article about: Had this for a while, and wondered what your thoughts were? Had an "expert" tell me that it had Russian museum stamps inside??? Eagle looks in keeping with the rest of the cap. Nic

Default Re: SA Kepi for review

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    John-
    All of the numbers in the inside top of the kepi are some form of inventory number added post war. This could have come from any Eastern European museum or theatrical company.
    Thanks Bob

I Still like it. It does look good with the tunic

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SA Kepi for review
    P
    Many

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I think the East block stamps add character and a certain aspect that is appropriate. Too many collectors engage in really odd behavior as regards these things that they should make time stand still, which is absurd. The thing reflects history, and that is why we want it. The history of central and eastern Europe is marked by the epoch of Nazism and Communism. Go ask they people who live there. Observe the theft of the sign from Auschwitz.

I own an ex Barrandov/Czechia black officer's cap pictured as the item closest to the camera, and it has replaced insignia (omigod!), but so what? It also has some of these odd stamps, but I like it a lot. Not all of World War II was fought at El Alamein or Omaha Beach.

Thank you for showing us your things.
    hi F-B well said, please let me take this chance to thank you for your time and the knowledge you bring here to the forum with your informative posts with period regelia and documentaion resources especailly on the uniforms and ss!

kind regards ewan

Quote by Ewan Stirling View Post
    hi F-B well said, please let me take this chance to thank you for your time and the knowledge you bring here to the forum with your informative posts with period regelia and documentaion resources especailly on the uniforms and ss!

kind regards ewan
    Dear Sir, many warm thanks for your kind thought and thanks for your own contribution, in turn. your humble, FB
    Attached Images Attached Images SA Kepi for review 

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I think the East block stamps add character and a certain aspect that is appropriate. Too many collectors engage in really odd behavior as regards these things that they should make time stand still, which is absurd. The thing reflects history, and that is why we want it. The history of central and eastern Europe is marked by the epoch of Nazism and Communism. Go ask they people who live there. Observe the theft of the sign from Auschwitz.

I own an ex Barrandov/Czechia black officer's cap pictured as the item closest to the camera, and it has replaced insignia (omigod!), but so what? It also has some of these odd stamps, but I like it a lot. Not all of World War II was fought at El Alamein or Omaha Beach.

Thank you for showing us your things.
    Ditto as well. I personally prefer the Museum/Theater stamps on some headgear--it confirms that the piece came out of Silesia/Pommerania/Prussia, or the Generalgouverenment/Eastern Occupied Territories.

I have a cornflower-blue SA Kepi with a silver button. It could have been used by either Gruppe Warthe, or Gruppe Oberrhein. However, with the stamps, I can rest assured in came out of the former Wartheland.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Ditto as well. I personally prefer the Museum/Theater stamps on some headgear--it confirms that the piece came out of Silesia/Pommerania/Prussia, or the Generalgouverenment/Eastern Occupied Territories.

I have a cornflower-blue SA Kepi with a silver button. It could have been used by either Gruppe Warthe, or Gruppe Oberrhein. However, with the stamps, I can rest assured in came out of the former Wartheland.
    Glad you agree. The Warthegau has more history to it than does the SA Gruppe Oberrhein, and for those of us who lived through much of the cold war, then there is a pleasing cachet to things that were otherwise behind the iron curtain.

I would rather have a piece that was altered in a communist theater than was somehow mashed up by a bunch of old collectors from the western San Fernando Valley.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SA Kepi for review  

"I would rather have a piece that was altered in a communist theater than was somehow mashed up by a bunch of old collectors from the western San Fernando Valley"

I concur with my esteemed colleague FB. I have a number of pieces with post war added stamps in the caps. They are as much a part of the history of the relic as was it's original function.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Wink Re: SA Kepi for review

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Can't speak to the shirt, but the Kepi is an original, with the Soviet Museum stamps. Eagle is actually the civil M38 style, but could be original to the hat. Hat could be for Warthe.
    Agree, typical cornflower blue top for the SA "Warthe/Oberrhein" group.
    In this cas more Warthe because of the eastern theater number stamp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2