Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?

Article about: Hi guys, does this Schirmmütze look ok? The piping looks more light grey/silver than white(depending on your monitor ), which would be propaganda or war correspondents I think?

?

Default Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?

Hi guys, does this Schirmmütze look ok? The piping looks more light grey/silver than white(depending on your monitor ), which would be propaganda or war correspondents I think?

Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?

Looks OK to me.

Repro. The sweat shield is plastic, obviously. Silver piping with a dark green wool band? Is this a Bundeswehr visor?

Quote by Koguryo9 View Post
    Repro. The sweat shield is plastic, obviously. Silver piping with a dark green wool band? Is this a Bundeswehr visor?
    The Bw never used a field grey cap of any kind. The Bw used a slate grey cap with a mohair band not wholly dissimilar to the Luftwaffe of the III. Reich, in fact. I imagine this is either BGS or some kind of police of the 1960s era, but I do not know which kind....or it is re made somehow, but the interior is, as my colleague points out, not of the III. Reich era.Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?

Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?The Bw book (above) is published by chums of mine in Berlin and is first rate. Well worth owning along with the Bavarian-Austrian volume on the Rw uniforms enclosure here.

Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Here is an NVA "Knautschmuetze" [SIC] which is field grey and I would like to own such a rare and subtle item. The NVA did use field grey.

I got a ton of NVA uniforms off of the persons themselves two decades ago while the getting was good, but none of the early uniforms, ca. 1956ff.

?

Thanks gentlemen, and special thanks to FB for the reading suggestions. I'm looking through amazon.com right after this.

Hi

This is the one for sale on german e-bay ?

It is definitely post war production as the pekuro label and sweat band give it right away.

the question therefore is what branch of service/organisation is it for ? Now I happen to own one of these but more of that later.....

The only silver piping , field grey crown and green cap band combination to the best of my knowledge, is alluded to in an old 1980's publication on headgear that I own and is credited to a first pattern bahnschutz officers cap. There is no accompanying period picture to support this or indeed a photo of an example.

If you look at Synders treasures.....he has one for sale as well badged up as bahnschutz polizei.

here come the photos of my cap.....please ignore the eagle as it is a fake.....the wreath stands a chance but is for other ranks not an officer.

the main discussion I would like to have is about the cap construction. Is it a frankie, made to order repro or somethin' else ?......sounds like a game show !

Please feel free to offer an opinion..........either way

Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast