Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?

Article about: Hi guys, does this Schirmmütze look ok? The piping looks more light grey/silver than white(depending on your monitor ), which would be propaganda or war correspondents I think?

Default Re: Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?

Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?
    P
    Many

Quote by doomtown View Post
    Thanks gentlemen, and special thanks to FB for the reading suggestions. I'm looking through amazon.com right after this.
    The more you read of these kind of books, the better off you will be in all of this, and we, too, in the bargain.

FB is absolutly correct....a BW cap has a striking resemblence to a wartime Luftwaffe cap in its appearance, I show an early one (1960's) for reference...Leutnant to Hauptmann grade, it is also featured alongside a latter (1970's ) Major to Oberst version. Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?   Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?  

Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?   Schirmmütze, looks good? Department?  

?

?

I should have known, the grey leather is a dead giveaway for postwar, which I learned through teaching myself about German leather coats. Hunter green or grey leather seems to be a good indicator of postwar as far as I understand. Spandau, your collection of caps is truly impressive, and yes, this is on German Ebay, I thought I was clever enough to go swimming with the sharks, but perhaps I need to wade in the shallow end a bit longer, haha. FB, I found some reference books that will have to do for now, but the books you posted look fantastic. Steve, you may win me over to the postwar side with those Bundeswehr caps! (also, I'm really excited to see that Moleskine Tunic)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2