MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Artillerie visor hat?

Article about: Also Feuerschutzpolizei, if reworked, then the fakers leave the band, but remove the blue top, which exists grommets, but what the civil hats use the fine field grey trickot with these gromm

?

Default Re: SS Artillerie visor hat?

Could it be a Eastern volunteer cap, ROA etc and some ignorant person has placed SS insignia on it to "raise the value"?

I find this cap very interesting, and i would really like to have it in my humble collection- but i like everything that are out of the ordinary.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Artillerie visor hat?
    P
    Many

?

Eastern volunteers did not have own hat, and even this will be one of them, it would be one of the not a cheap visors in this area. The hat did not have any other holes on the band from the previous insignia, just a place with holes matched to the scull. The hat seems to be early 1940's by production
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

I only try to look at your cap from another angle. I searched thru my pics after i wrote the post- but i sadly didnt find anything useful so could help you.

?

Here is some better pictures of the hat, and picture of the Deschler's scull, which will fit to the holes on the hat
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Artillerie visor hat?   SS Artillerie visor hat?  

SS Artillerie visor hat?   SS Artillerie visor hat?  

SS Artillerie visor hat?  
    Regards,
    Dimas

?

Quote by TrondK View Post
    I only try to look at your cap from another angle. I searched thru my pics after i wrote the post- but i sadly didnt find anything useful so could help you.
    Agreed, any thoughts and discussions are welcome!
    Regards,
    Dimas

Kirchheim unter Teck is east of Stuttgart. The hat looks pretty good to me, really. The "colored pipes" I owned, and which ended up with Paul Sack, was not dissimilar, i.e. a tailor made cap of similar vintage.

I sold it. SS Artillerie visor hat?
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-03-2013 at 10:42 PM.

The maker of the hat is Alfred Valet of Bad Cannstatt, who utilized the Pekuro Stirndruckfrei system under license (Albert Schnitzer would be the distributor). Obviously, with regard to a color-piped visor, any anomaly makes a hat immediately suspect, and that is going to affect value/re-sale.

While grommets did exist on military visors, they are very rarely seen, and the concern that will be raised is that it is a re-worked civilian cap (ie, feuerschutzpolizei).

That being said, based on these limited pics, the pleats look good.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Dimas, what is the actual color of the piping--is it artillery red?
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Dimas, what is the actual color of the piping--is it artillery red?
    Or red-orange Calvary? I can't tell if its just the sunlight in the last photograph.

?

It's a artillery red, and actually there no traces of the rebuilding, practically all of the sweatband's wool connection band is moth damaged, but there no repeated holes on the visor - sweatband etc from the previous stitchings, and it's a machine stitching, not a imitation
    Regards,
    Dimas

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast