Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

SS Blackie

Article about: Guys I have a good feeling about this one, the insignia looks to me to be good, as does the cap, but are there any red flags? It ain't cheap, and I need to be sure before I pull the trigger

Default SS Blackie

Guys
    I have a good feeling about this one, the insignia looks to me to be good, as does the cap, but are there any red flags? It ain't cheap, and I need to be sure before I pull the trigger

Thanks
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Blackie   SS Blackie  

Attached Images Attached Images SS Blackie  SS Blackie  SS Blackie  SS Blackie  SS Blackie  SS Blackie  SS Blackie  SS Blackie 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Blackie
    P
    Many

How does the sweatband look?

I've yet to see black thread around the moisture shield, and the spacing is off under the encircled SS so maybe that was reattached?

Very nice, authentic piece. My betters will remind us of A1/35, but I own at least two or three caps made by them, more or less identical to yours.
    You may buy it without over analysis and lunacy.

- - ------- - -

These caps can be well faked, but this is an authentic piece.

Thanks FB I Had a good feeling, and I love the insignia, just hope I can secure it. Thanks again

Good to go on this one, John! Good luck on picking it up!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    Thanks FB I Had a good feeling, and I love the insignia, just hope I can secure it. Thanks again
    I am happy to help. These caps are not very rare, so you can always find another. I mean they are more rare than army enlisted Tellermuetzen, to be sure,
    but the 1938 or so black enlisted cap in the Trikotage is often found on North American sites, and you can often secure a modest price.

Good luck with your collecting. When I get some time, I will photograph the ones I do own.

The insignia have a nice patina to match the age of the cap.

A 1 35 is Gundermann and Kornacker of Magdeburg. courtesy Mr. d'Alquen.

- - ------- - -

I always mistake it for the Hildesheim maker.... and it was not far from the Braunschweig maker, and so forth.

SS BlackieSS BlackieSS BlackieSS BlackieSS BlackieSS BlackieSS BlackieSS BlackieThese are mine from Magdeburg.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-04-2016 at 10:27 AM.

d'Alquen is right with:
    A 1/35 Gundermann & Kornacker from Magdeburg. According the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM they lost
    their permission to manufacturer political headgear June 15, 1940. What about the SS I do not know!!