Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Cap info wanted

Article about: Hi My brother has had this cap in his collection since the 1970s Any appraisal , information would be appreciated Annoyed from this ads?   Thank you !!

SS Cap  info wantedSS Cap  info wantedSS Cap  info wantedAlso compare:

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Cap  info wanted
    P
    Many

Let me also note the Austrian dialect in the odd stamp in the fake field cap, as the nomenclature in the SS was not "Kappe," but the deeply Piefke: "Muetze." !!??

?

so was i !!! :-)

SS Cap  info wantedThese Austrian officers are wearing Kappen.

- - ------- - -

..and such fakes were often made in the 1970s by the Fa. Sieder in Wien.

?

Ok thanks guys i will give him the bad news

SS Cap  info wantedSS Cap  info wantedSS Cap  info wantedSS Cap  info wantedSS Cap  info wantedSS Cap  info wanted
    Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Definitely no good.

Allow me to remark that the large stamp seen on the inside alone is enough to discredit anything as fake. It is modelled on an RZM label, which never existed as a stamped marking, but only as, well, a label.

?

One last question ! With the austrian connection (Kappe) could it not have been a private purchase hat ? And i know it has been mentioned already on here with regard to there being fakes around in the 1970s . I don't understand why someone back then would have gone to lengths to fake these hats when there time and effort to make it would not been rewarded financially. I remember going to our local militaria shop and you buy a WW2 british helmet with netting , named for £1 , German helmets weren't much more. Just seems bizarre to think that 30 years after WW2 people were spending hours doing this, when the real macoy was out there and relatively in abundant supply

In the 70's, there was here in Paris a kind of war between two dealers : they made copies of german insignias, in bad quality. All the badges were made.
    One EK 2 = 0,50 FF! for the dealer ! And after they sold at 60 FF.
    In the same time, other people made copies of uniforms....They only wanted to make money, and quickly!
    Bad time.
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

As regards above, when the Mollo books appeared from the 1960s onwards, as well as the Bender books, the production of all this stuff took off like a rocket.
    Also, the 1970s and its stagflation saw the explosion in the prices of Nazi regalia from more or less junk to a market. Ergo, this item could well have been made
    in the 1970s.

Quote by NR72 View Post
    One last question ! With the austrian connection (Kappe) could it not have been a private purchase hat ? And i know it has been mentioned already on here with regard to there being fakes around in the 1970s . I don't understand why someone back then would have gone to lengths to fake these hats when there time and effort to make it would not been rewarded financially. I remember going to our local militaria shop and you buy a WW2 british helmet with netting , named for £1 , German helmets weren't much more. Just seems bizarre to think that 30 years after WW2 people were spending hours doing this, when the real macoy was out there and relatively in abundant supply
    Unfortunately, fake TR items were already being made immediately after the war.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast