Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS cap real or fake?

Article about: Here is a real hat so as to deflect this thread towards a more productive analysis.

Default Re: SS cap real or fake?

SS cap real or fake?SS cap real or fake?SS cap real or fake?SS cap real or fake?SS cap real or fake?SS cap real or fake?SS cap real or fake?One of the endless pile of fake caps. Here are real ones.
    The one with the Waffenfarbe is not mine.

I sold all mine with Waffenfarbe out of disgust.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 01-07-2012 at 01:18 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS cap real or fake?
    P
    Many

?

Quote by don_kihotis7 View Post
    I don't think that more pics will be needed.
    Ade will tell you as soon as he logs in.
    Quote by Datrus View Post
    I look forward to what F-B has to say about this one. Maybe a Bundeswehr?
    This is extremely disappointing guys because even after hundreds of images of authentic hats have been posted on this forum along with pages of analysis and historical data, the emphasis is still being placed on a few members to come and tell you what's real or not.

This is not even a very good fake! in fact, it's a very obvious reproduction.

?

I am sorry to disappoint you, but i still does not have the experience to judge if a visor/cap is good or not, to the extent that i would give advice wether to buy or not. I have saved a lot of the pics that F-B have been posting and i hold these up as reference when these threads show up, trying to spot the errors of the fake ones. I have been able to spot fakes, but also failed miserably. As you know it takes years to gain the experience some of the gents here on the forum has. Also i do not own one, or have even held a real one in my hands.

Furthermore i don't expect anyone to tell me anything. Maybe the guys who post these endless numbers of fakes/repros should do a little research themselves before posting, so one could actually see that they have tried to figure out what they have or want to buy. Along the lines of "this looks like this or that known fake", "this looks like a M Jancke repro, but i'm not sure" ect.

Regards

Lars

?

Well, might I suggest that you guys at least give it a shot at why you think an item might be real or not?
    Honestly, that's the only way to learn and the only way we can help you.

Don't worry about making a fool out of yourself!
    You should read some of my old posts back in 2004! what a naive fool I was! but I never gave up asking questions.

There is absolutely no value in waiting for someone else to judge things, beleive me and the knowledge is not just going to be given to you on a plate, you have to work for it.

I take Ben's point, but I also think that some of us have an unfair advantage, had not by others, who cannot, shall not, will not or may not examine real things with their own eyes and mits, and noses, and whatnot.

The thing is otherwise a hall of mirrors in the fun house. Ein Irrgarten.

Ein Tollhaus.

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Well, might I suggest that you guys at least give it a shot at why you think an item might be real or not?
    Honestly, that's the only way to learn and the only way we can help you.

Don't worry about making a fool out of yourself!
    You should read some of my old posts back in 2004! what a naive fool I was! but I never gave up asking questions.

There is absolutely no value in waiting for someone else to judge things, beleive me and the knowledge is not just going to be given to you on a plate, you have to work for it.
    Usually i try to figure out if a given visor is good or not, making my own estimate and then see if i was right or wrong. This is why i know i do not yet have the expertise, but i will try to follow up on your suggestion

?

I disagree about the whole unfair advantage point.

Take it from me, it's totaly possible to be a successful collector without ever meeting another collector in person or ever looking at another collection.

However, it's not possible to be a successful collector if one depends on someone else's judgement.

?

Successful is all relative though of course.

I'd much prefer to live near my dear friends in the States and be able to visit and discuss these things over a few beers.

I for one do not go to the glamor shows here in North America. I suppose I should but I have less than no time. Ben gets angry when I write this fact, but it is true.

Happy hats. Success is all relative, surely.

All of this requires a great deal of patience.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post

I sold all mine with Waffenfarbe out of disgust.
    Why's that?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast