Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS crush cap?

Article about: Hi Ben, The picture I have shown is deceptive. The side lining is not a guaze but actually a patterned cotton material. A quick descriptive extract that will go with the detailed photo in th

?

Default Re: SS crush cap?

I'll leave it to you gentlemen to decide..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS crush cap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS crush cap?
    P
    Many

An item of this kind is in the Wilkins book. That is, the illustration in Ben's post

While I find it very unaesthetic, the red felt backing of the Totenschaedel was actually done in some cases. However, not in any of the more than one cap that is my property.

The cap posted at the head of this thread is a Janke. And Bob C called it right, as he always does.
    There does exist a wonderful Paul Kaps artillery field cap which we have pictured over and over again. It is as nice as the piece at the start of this thread is a piece of ----.

Happy hats. Can I get a penny for each post like this?

?

At a penny a post FB, I don't think we could afford you!

SS crush cap?SS crush cap?SS crush cap?SS crush cap?Thank you, Ben, my putting a price tag on myself fits the spirit of the time. The original person who posted, true to form, has not responded after unearthing a roaring pile of ----.
    Oh well. Go look again at this, which is a nice hat, but no "crusher."

My new grey cap is minus the cap spring, or the extra cap spring, as it were. And, even though it is from 1938, it has no RZM tag. You should come here and look at it. It has an Ersatz sweat band in the same color as the leather sweat bands in black caps of the same date.

I find the "crusher" thing to be far too droll. Someone should buy the nice one in Germany, actually. Real ones do appear, and then most people are so confused they cannot recognize a real one. Ben has a wonderful field cap, of which he should be very proud.

SS crush cap?SS crush cap?SS crush cap?SS crush cap?For the orientation of the readers here, this is the prototype field cap, ca. 1926. Of course, the old armies wore a similar cap, introduced at a much earlier date. This item is courtesy of Bill Shea, who takes vacations with the money I give him. In return, I steal his pictures. However, for those of you seized with the word "crusher" along with "crimped" and "prongs...." then save these images.

Reichswehr uniforms are very interesting, and grossly under appreciated. Of course, this being said, I sold all the items I had of said era.SS crush cap?SS crush cap?SS crush cap?

?

A nice portrait of said cap in wear.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS crush cap?  

Quote by BenVK View Post
    A nice portrait of said cap in wear.
    Very nice. See how this thread has evolved into a thing of value from the dreary, ordinary question of the rag shop detritus.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast