Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS crush cap?

Article about: Hi Ben, The picture I have shown is deceptive. The side lining is not a guaze but actually a patterned cotton material. A quick descriptive extract that will go with the detailed photo in th

?

Default Re: SS crush cap?

A few more images from the same source.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS crush cap?   SS crush cap?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS crush cap?
    P
    Many

Did someone mention Reichswehr field caps.............

I love them...The one you posted from Bill Shea has the cloth cockade...I need that for my collection now !!!!

Here's photo of another one in wear

cheers

tony

SS crush cap?

thank you, Ben. The Reichswehr is a marvelous subject and of great merit.

Quote by spandau View Post
    Did someone mention Reichswehr field caps.............

I love them...The one you posted from Bill Shea has the cloth cockade...I need that for my collection now !!!!

Here's photo of another one in wear

cheers

tony

SS crush cap?
    Thanks for the addition. Then do buy it from Shea. He finds interesting things. George Petersen in no. Virginia found a ton of these from the DEFA film costume fundus in Babelsberg at the time of German unification.

?

That's a great image Tony!

I often wonder what happened to all these people in the photos we post. Can you imagine what they would have said if they had known we'd be all looking at them 80 something years later..

Hi Ben, Yeah me too, it's a funny old thing history. The paradox is that you only get interested in things when no-ones left to ask !

Hi FB, been on Mr Shea's site, pity the top is damaged and also I'm broke !

hey-ho...

?

The halfar stamp in the Shea cap is of great interest to me.

Much of the nonsense spoken when authenticating hats comes down to the ink stamps and whether they are "acceptable" or not to the collecting community.
    As if any one person is ever likely to have seen even a fraction of all the different variations of stamps used during the period.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS crush cap?  

SS crush cap?H.B.A.B. I think is Heeresbekleidungsamt Berlin.
    This book is a must for all of us. A wonder and light years beyond the Schiffer coffee table books.

So true.

Now a sceptic would also argue that the makers stamp is faint and the acceptance stamp is still dark and clear. You need to read all the signs and subtle messages found on a piece to judge its originality.

Halfar made caps in the Imperial times as well so who knows how many different variations he had to mark his work.

I like the stamps on weimar gear, I've yet to see a piece of issue uniform without a stack of them.

cheers

tony

?

The study of German uniform ink stamps is a science in itself.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast