Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

SS crush cap?

Article about: Hi Ben, The picture I have shown is deceptive. The side lining is not a guaze but actually a patterned cotton material. A quick descriptive extract that will go with the detailed photo in th

Default Re: SS crush cap?

Hi Ben,

The picture I have shown is deceptive. The side lining is not a guaze but actually a patterned cotton material.

A quick descriptive extract that will go with the detailed photo in the book reads..

"The lining is unusual as it is in two different non-standard materials. The top part is a reddish cotton material and covers the whole of the crown. The material used to line the sides is beige cotton with a red and green dot pattern.

The cap retains its detachable steel spring that was inserted around the crown to maintain its shape."

This I believe is the breathable material also being discussed as it is quite coarse in texture.

Here's a shot of the front of the cap.

SS crush cap?

1921 issue to Infantry regt 16, third battalion, 16th machine gun company. This is exactly correct based on the reichswehr order of battle circa 1922.

the IIA stamp meant it was kept for Sunday best/walking out wear.

makers marks sadly not readable but it is a tiny size..54.

cheers

tony

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS crush cap?
    P
    Many

Fb, here is a shot of my latest addition with pink piping for the motorised detachments of the reichswehr.

It is of a later manufacture as it has the tricot material and cork board insert at the front. Making it circa 1934 (ish)

cheers

tony

SS crush cap?

Quote by spandau View Post
    Fb, here is a shot of my latest addition with pink piping for the motorised detachments of the reichswehr.

It is of a later manufacture as it has the tricot material and cork board insert at the front. Making it circa 1934 (ish)

cheers

tony

SS crush cap?
    Very nice. I had one from the 1921 era of so. I sold it. I enclosed an image of it above. Thank you. I must find my Bekleidungsunteroffizier book for Ben. I have a lot of books. best wishes and thanks for your fine material.

You Reichswehr hat collectors should start a thread in the Headgear forum (like the Kaiserreich headgear thread). I would really appreciate seeing these caps in detail.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

iac
    ?

Of course I was kidding. I should have included Ha Ha, LOL !!!

?

Reichswehr Caps in wear.
    SS crush cap?

Cheers, Patrick
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS crush cap?  

?

Those Reichswehr caps looks great. Very interesting and nice to see something different.

it's a joke ? lol

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6