Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS EM Visor for Review

Article about: Hats, and hats and hats.......

?

Default Re: SS EM Visor for Review

With paranoia levels set at DEFCON 1, it's was inevitable that this wartime example by Wille would be doubted...

SS EM Black Visor Hat - Any Opinions? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS EM Visor for Review
    P
    Many

?

One thing i found slightly strange on this cap (and i might be completely off my trolley here) was that there appears in the photos a silver residue around the skull, as if someone has been wiping the skull down and the silver wash has transfered to the cloth, it looks odd, as if someone has tried to age the skull by removing the silvering, im wondering if the skull is original to the cap?

?

I once owned a black cap with similar discolouration to the cloth around the skull. The previous owner had indeed polished the skull with metal polish but got most of it on the cloth instead so you're spot on with that observation Dave. He'd also tried to clean the bottom rings of piping with water and soap. The result was that the black dye within the original sewing thread leaked out and stained the piping.

Have you seen the tv programme Pawn Kings or some such name on discovery and now channel 5? A guy bought a 19th century flintlock pistol in to sell and he'd "polished it" with wire wool to make it look better. Things like this happen all the time.

?

The thread on waf continues to sadden and infuriate and I won't have anymore to do with it.

However, someone at least came up with a valid question:

Quote by keifer kahn View Post
    Can someone explain why an asterisk is used preceding the serial numbers on these style of cloth tags?
    I honestly don't the know the answer, does anyone?

The stamp works with an asterisk in a manner I have seen in other German stamps. The over analysis of every detail is berserk, as is the burning of innocents unleashed by yet another episode of paranoid lunacy on the whack job site.
    You can now buy some nice Wille/Hannover caps as fake. I will buy them all at 500 dollars apiece!
    This is where the "textbook"; "gotta love it!" ; "minty" check list world of internet snake oil sale leads, in the a loud, dark hole.

The polishing of the cap badges is pretty typical attempt by collectors to improved, and thereby destroy their regalia.
    The further ill effect of "sculls" on human balance and self control, nicht wahr?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    With paranoia levels set at DEFCON 1, it's was inevitable that this wartime example by Wille would be doubted...

SS EM Black Visor Hat - Any Opinions? - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

You should buy it as a fake and sell it to me as a fake, no?
    I will put it out of its misery.

Here is an amusing aw sh!t from mid 1934 as regards the concept of "textbook" with an explanation from the RZM on Mustermuetzen, i.e. Proben, to which I made reference in earlier posts.
    These also were to be paid for by the cap contractors entitled to a license.SS EM Visor for Review

Any time spent reading the Mitteilungsblatt der RZM, as is the case with UM, will make one realize that adherence to regulations was scarcely a given in the yeart 1934, and I reckon that such was not the case in later years, either, despite the superficial standardization of the party uniforms.

Saris has interpreted this material, but other authors have not fully, which is also pretty pathetic.

I wish I knew who wrote these little feces eating chronicles and where reside their Handakte or whatever Akten that were the basis for these nasty grams.SS EM Visor for ReviewSS EM Visor for ReviewSS EM Visor for ReviewSS EM Visor for ReviewSS EM Visor for Review

Your enclosure is not authentic for reasons that should be self evident. Perhaps the most startling error is the shape of the cap cover, which bespeaks its being made by those non expert in contrast to those of the era.

Another bad cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast