Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...

Article about: i agree, a fake, but a lot of time was put into it for its era. Ade, can you move this over to Ben's forum? Thanks

Default Re: A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...

i agree, a fake, but a lot of time was put into it for its era. Ade, can you move this over to Ben's forum? Thanks
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...
    P
    Many

Thanks a lot for all the opinions !

There are really a lot of fakes in (old) French collections and the owners are 100% convinced that their stuff is guenine

The struggle against fakes and frauds does more damage than it does good, quite often, especially when little intellect and knowledge eventuates throughout the process. This site has sought to foster knowledge, where as the the maroon loony bin site engages in a punch and judy show approach which is the norm. Who can be surprised that the result is obscurantism and the like.

The fake black SS senior leader's cap is an old as this extra curricular interest in used Nazi regalia.A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...

The cultivation of knowledge in an exemplary manner has manifested itself in the "Muetzenfabrik" thread here, an evolutionary thing, in which some of us have noodled out some actual knowledge through hard work versus the norm on most websites of some self appointed internet lion who, at best, operates with about 5.3% of the actual evidence. I think the standard post of "is it fake...?"A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...
    has had the net effect that far less knowledge really builds up in the sum of these posts. This site forms an exception to the generalization I offer above.

?

In regards to the UM paragraph.

Viele Firmen der deutschen Uniform mutzen-industrie fertigen ihre Ware nicht einschließlich allein im Werfitattbetrieb, oftmals auch werden gerade die feinsten Uniformmutzen in Hausarbeit von Wertsangehörigen hergestellt.

Is that correct? I makes sense apart from the word "Werfitattbetrieb" which I can find no translation for.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    In regards to the UM paragraph.

Viele Firmen der deutschen Uniform mutzen-industrie fertigen ihre Ware nicht einschließlich allein im Werfitattbetrieb, oftmals auch werden gerade die feinsten Uniformmutzen in Hausarbeit von Wertsangehörigen hergestellt.

Is that correct? I makes sense apart from the word "Werfitattbetrieb" which I can find no translation for.
    Werkstattbetrieb, i.e. in a work place or shop operation. The Fraktur "K's" are tricky, actually.

The point being that the very finest caps in their totality were often made on a cottage industry, (Hausarbeit) basis, that is, hand made by members of the firm off of the premises in a non mechanized setting.

This paragraph only proves beyond a shadow of a doubt your point, Ben, as concerns hand work (without machines) in the construction of these items.

You will notice that the persons along the "assembly line" in the UM reportage are frequently women, and piece work at home was fully a part of the existence of women in a rural or urban setting a hundred years ago.

I know that this thread has been caused to swerve into the other one, but Mr. Bernhard's statement on the refusal of persons to accept the nature of items made me reflect generally on the enterprise of knowledge that a handful of us have sought to fashion here, mostly as a result of having been hectored, hounded, and otherwise pummeled off the other sites.

That the rest of you have embraced the UM is a source of some satisfaction to me, in fact.

?

Thank you dear friend, that was the most unlikely looking "k" I've ever seen and without that key word, I was struggling to understand the statement.

That's quite a revelation that hand finishing was done "in the home" or at least not on the factory floor. These liitle gems all begin to put together a picture that is far from the general consensus.

If you were here with me now, I could teach you Fraktur very quickly, indeed. But I am deeply impressed with your post modern, digitalized and otherwise entirely beyond my comprehension approach to translation, which only makes me realize how obsolete and a fuddy-duddy I truly have become.A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...

Here are some more SS hats and even some tunics, in case any one finds my philosophy of knowledge regurgitation somehow offensive.A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...A-SS general visor... bad, bad, bad,...

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Thank you dear friend, that was the most unlikely looking "k" I've ever seen and without that key word, I was struggling to understand the statement.

That's quite a revelation that hand finishing was done "in the home" or at least not on the factory floor. These liitle gems all begin to put together a picture that is far from the general consensus.
    "fertigen" means to craft or produce (i.e. fertigen ihre Waren nicht ausschliesslich...), which means, at least to me, that, in some cases, the best caps were made in piece work, i.e. the whole cap.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast