Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS hat.....for sale

Article about: I'm looking to authenticate, and perhaps sell, an SS hat belonging to my father-in-law, purchased in Munich in 1977. Appears to be authentic, to my ignorant eyes, but I'd appreciate an exper

Default SS hat.....for sale

I'm looking to authenticate, and perhaps sell, an SS hat belonging to my father-in-law, purchased in Munich in 1977.
    Appears to be authentic, to my ignorant eyes, but I'd appreciate an expert opinion....is there anyone on this forum I might send photos to regarding this item? Kind Regards, David

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS hat.....for sale
    P
    Many

?

The fastest way to get quality feedback would be to just post the photos here in this thread. There are many knowledgeable people here who should be able and willing to give you a hand.

We have many authentic SS cap images here. Munich in 1977 also had its share of fake SS caps, so you should engage the experts here, who are both informed and fairly generous.

Thank you Friedrich, I will post some photos in the next hour....many thanks!

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    We have many authentic SS cap images here. Munich in 1977 also had its share of fake SS caps, so you should engage the experts here, who are both informed and fairly generous.

Thank you very much Tony, I appreciate the post. I will post some photos in the next hour or two. Thank you!

?

I look forward to the photos!

Here are a few photos I snapped with my iPhone. He has a some more much higher res shots; I'll have him send them to me.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS hat.....for sale   SS hat.....for sale  

SS hat.....for sale  

SS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for sale

I've rotated your pictures for you so that members don't break their necks while attempting to view them.
    I will allow others to determine whether it is authentic or not, seeing as their are members who've commented with much more knowledge than myself, but I will say the insignia are reproductions, and I do not like it visor, either. Possible a postwar cap with fake insignia, in my opinion.

@youthcollector, Many thanks! (I forgot to preview the photos and didn't realize they weren't rotated correctly. Thank you very much.) I just spoke with him and he is going to send me his photos this evening which I believe are much higher resolution. I appreciate you taking the time to look at the photos. Kind regards, David

Not a problem, it is what we are here for. I'm sure others such as FB and stonemint will come along shortly to either verify or dispute my statement. I am sorry for the news, but better pictures are always beneficial as these things can be quite tricky at times. Good luck dear sir, and thank you for the thank you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast