Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS hat.....for sale

Article about: I'm looking to authenticate, and perhaps sell, an SS hat belonging to my father-in-law, purchased in Munich in 1977. Appears to be authentic, to my ignorant eyes, but I'd appreciate an exper

As a quick aside, when I look at the photos the hat looks like a fake like some other fakes I have seen on the Internet. But when I held it and put it on and looked at it for the first time I got I shiver up my spine because it had been worn many times, and thus appeared authentic. (I understand this is naïve of me to say because part of making a good fake is making it look worn, or frayed, and patina-ed, etc.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS hat.....for sale
    P
    Many

@ youthcollector. Thank you for the thank you for the thank you. This is a fascinating website and obviously phone of knowledgeable and avid collectors I think I will do some surfing around the site!

Take into consideration that even though this hat is:could be fake, it would've been produced in the 60's or 70's which was 40-50 years ago. I would expect the visor to exhibit a natural patina whether it was real or fake due to this.
    Add: I am quite sure this visor is a reproduction, I would just prefer others to make that determination. Although, admittedly, poor quality photographs can give a false representation of what the item truly is, and I am on my phone.

Here is a helmet he inherited from his grandfather (?).............
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS hat.....for sale   SS hat.....for sale  

SS hat.....for sale  

SS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleDo let me say that the first cap here is quite fake.

Sorry, but as I noted, fake SS caps were plentiful in 1977, as they were in 1967 and earlier. Why do I write this? because I was there to see them and even own them.
    The Breuer firm was going great guns in 1977, as it was in 1967. So was Sieder in Vienna, who also had hats made and I can continue, but it is far too droll.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 09-24-2013 at 08:36 PM.

SS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleSS hat.....for saleMore authentic SS caps, which I have enclosed many times and are there for all the world to see as often as it likes.

where is the original cap ?

Friedrich-Berthold, many thanks for your (obviously) expert opinion, I appreciate it very much. The photos you sent are magnificent! I would love to see your collection!

Quote by ravenwood View Post
    Friedrich-Berthold, many thanks for your (obviously) expert opinion, I appreciate it very much. The photos you sent are magnificent! I would love to see your collection!
    Thanks. Sorry not to propose a miracle to you from 1977, but such is the exception. I do have more than one of these items and have spent the better part of fifty years figuring it all out, but I am still far from my goal.
    Nineteen seventy seven in West Germany was the high point of terrorism and the moment of truth for Helmut Schmidt's chancellorship.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast