Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Kepi

Article about: I think I have seen originals of these before. I am not very knowledgable on SS cloth headgear. I know these pics aren't the best, so I won't ask if you think it is original, but can any of

Default SS Kepi

I think I have seen originals of these before. I am not very knowledgable on SS cloth headgear. I know these pics aren't the best, so I won't ask if you think it is original, but can any of you spot anything on this hat that marks it as being fake? I have better pics on the way so if you can't see any red flags here, I will post more pictures when I get them.

I hope to God it isn't fake, because this will be the deal of my life if it is original. Apparently it belonged so the woman's grandfather and it has been in an attic for a long time. I know I need to believe the item, and not the story, but here goes nothing!

Thank you for all of your help guys.

Best regards,
    Mo
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Kepi  SS Kepi 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kepi
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Kepi

can you get some better photos

Default re: SS Kepi

Quote by klinger View Post
    can you get some better photos
    Like I said, these are the only ones I have for now. I have requested more/better photos. If anyone can spot a red flag right now then I will cancel the deal immediately. I find it's better to arrange a deal and then figure out if it is original or fake, because then you have first choice.

Default Re: SS Kepi

right right, im not shure but this are real rare things and i have never seen an real one in natural life but in some book i have and so far ther are two things that worrys me first the ink style ss runes stamp in the top and second the cloth ss tag for me this dose not match together, but im no expert on thes caps and better wait for more oppinions as if this was a real one then you found something rare and nice

?

First impressions are not good at all, sorry.

Whatever you do, do not part with any money. The better photographs you receive will only confirm what these images already reveal: that kepi is not original.
    d'alquen

?

Collector's Guild has what I assume is an original example to compare to. Side by side, what immediately stands outs is the brim size and white trim on the top. Not sure however if there were examples that exhibited these traits.

The Collector's Guild

i dont believe these early caps had the RFSS label in them,,,i could be wrong,,,,

We have many images of authentic SS kepis here, and the Shea/Beaver book has many more as does the Saris book. To associate myself with the wise voices here, the cap you post is a reproduction.

Well, it's unfortunate, but I guess that's one more too-good-to-be-true find gone by. Thank you all for your help. Whenever I get the extra pictures, I will post them here just for the sake of adding them to the database.

Best regards,
    Mo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast