Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Kepi, opinions needed please,

Article about: Hey guys i have just been sent some pics of this SS Kepi, but what do you guys think. I think that it looks a little too new, but that doesn't mean that its a fake although it probably is Th

?

Default Re: SS Kepi, opinions needed please,

Not an original. The sweatband is a big give-away.

I decided when I started to collect to only buy Imperial era headgear on Ebay. And anything else, dealers are the way to go for things like this.

Cheers, Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kepi, opinions needed please,
    P
    Many

?

Whilst it's sensible advice for novice collectors to avoid auction sites like ebay and the like, it's a big mistake to dismiss these sites and/or ridicule anyone for using them.

90% of my collection came from ebay over the years including some of the rarest items that I have.

Absolutely,Ben-there are treasures to be mined from eBay-but even an advanced collector has to be paranoid and overly wary there. For a novice collector, it's basically a matter of taking your money and flushing it down the toilet, dealing with the seemingly inexhaustible line of sneering deliberate thieves there peddling garbage to the uninformed. Your choices are limited-to either study and learn the subject that you're collecting and Then attempt a flyer or 2 off of eBay or you can look foolish endlessly posting photos of crude fakes until you almost become associated with crude fakes.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Whilst it's sensible advice for novice collectors to avoid auction sites like ebay and the like, it's a big mistake to dismiss these sites and/or ridicule anyone for using them.

90% of my collection came from ebay over the years including some of the rarest items that I have.
    I got my prussian cap on ebay for a killer price. Couldent have found that one on a dealers site anywhere. But I never tried to get a WW2 cap because when I search I am greeted with shudderingly crude fakes going for hundreds of euros

I hope you find a nice cap soon Glen

Cheers, Pat

?

the name and sweat band are FUNNY

?

I must be missing something with the makers name!!!

Hi Tony, go to post 4 and click on the yellow text link.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Tony, go to post 4 and click on the yellow text link.

Cheers, Ade.
    Ah I see, kind of a sick joke!

The Shea Beaver book as well as the Saris book include many images of authentic kepis in their number.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2