Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

SS Kepi for Review and Comment

Article about: Friedrich - on the inside top of my Kepi I can read 'Wasser......" which i guess reads wasserdicht or waterproof, there is also other lettering but well worn so unable to read.Looks lik

interesting, BenVK. excuse me while i apply a cold compress to my eyes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kepi for Review and Comment
    P
    Many

Let me fill in the blank. It says "EIGENTUM DES LANDESTHEATERS GOTHA" = "Property of the Landestheater Gotha".

?

Great work my friends!!

I wonder if Gottileb will send us a signed photo of himself in thanks!?

Just noticed we are the same age..Photoshop is a wonderful thing!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

?

Jokes aside, it continues to amaze me how many different types of headgear the Wagner firm produced. They surely must have been THE biggest producer of said items. As FB noted for us, one of their adverts claimed a thousand hats a day and I can well believe it.

On a purely technical point though, I think the Kepi is the pinnacle of the skilled artisans work. There is no room for error in it's manufacture as any mistake in its construction will stand out a mile and there are some seriously difficult sewing techniques involved here let me assure you all.

Eigentum des Landestheaters Gotha, i.e. property of the State Theater (as in German federal state etc.) Gotha. Oops, I did not see Andreas' thingy.
    The picture of the dealer is more than absurd.
    Relics of the Reich had two kepis, one for an officer and this one, all heavily marked. Bob Coleman looked at the officer kepi, to which he can say something, and this second piece has knocked about until it landed on the glamor dealer's website.
    I would like to look at it, myself, as I do not own one of this type or with this heavy marking, but it strikes me as real. Wagner made SS head wear from an early moment.

?

It also strikes me as being totally authentic and if I had the money, it would be mine in a heartbeat. On the scale of rarity, it must stand alongside any white top Officers cap or even more so considering the exceptional condition. We have often discussed SS Kepis and nearly all have been bogus. By that I mean 99.9%!

There is another on the Oakleaf site that may have a chance and that is half the price of this one. I'll go and get the photos of it to discuss.

Thanks, Ben. You are quite right. I also saw the one on the Oak Leaf site, too. We should send them both to you to dissect.

?

Here it is, it all looks convincing but the markings are worthy of their own thread! I'm not sure where to start although they do sort of remind me of the Gruppe West marking in that well known service cap which I've chosen to be my avatar because they are so striking.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kepi for Review and Comment   SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

SS Kepi for Review and Comment   SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

?

This is a very interesting thread. Sorry all I can add to it is this photo

SS Kepi for Review and Comment

Cheers, Pat

Bob Coleman and d'Alquen can comment on all of this, as they own these things.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast