Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS Kepi for Review and Comment

Article about: Friedrich - on the inside top of my Kepi I can read 'Wasser......" which i guess reads wasserdicht or waterproof, there is also other lettering but well worn so unable to read.Looks lik

Default SS Kepi for Review and Comment

Is it a real or fake Pekuro? I would like to hear all comments, pro or con.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kepi for Review and Comment
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Kepi for Review and Comment

Kupper made such objects, but this surely is not one of them, as, I think, you yourself already know.

The published works by Bender and the Schiffer contain enough authentic images of these items to make a swift and certain determination.

Whammond did have a real Kupper Shaftmuetze for sale several years ago, and I have the image somewhere.

This is a very odd piece.

Whammond also had a very carefully made, post war kepi, too, from Mueller, with Mueller post war locale on it. It was a frightening piece. Yours is not, by contrast.

viz:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kepi for Review and Comment   SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

or...
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Kepi for Review and Comment  SS Kepi for Review and Comment 

or....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

or.....the remarkable and never to be found at a hock shop or garage sale....
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Kepi for Review and Comment 

?

Heres mine:

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kepi for Review and Comment   SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

"He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

?

Heres the entire outfit, early corduroy breeches & brownshirt also the dagger. As to the Kepi there are ss stamps under the chinstrap but due to the age I havent looked at them in a while im afraid to damage the strap.

Horst
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kepi for Review and Comment  
    "He who hesitates is lost - is not only lost but miles from the next exit"

I sold Bob Coleman an early SA kepi made by Kupper, in fact. I cannot find the image. Maybe he can photograph it again, if he is present here. It has the "preisgekroente..." logo, that is, it had the full logo being pre 1935 in make.

In any case, the piece looked quite different from this. I also own an early Kupper black peaked cap (see enclosure), and it, too, looks different, in turn. I do not have an image of the interior of this piece here.

Happy hats to all seekers of truth in allen Herrenlaendern.

Others of you have authentic kepis, too, in fact.

PS Notice the "matching" insignia on my old hat.
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Kepi for Review and Comment 

This appeared recently, and may be real. It apparently sold for less than USD 1000. I did not buy it, and surely the images are not good, but they are suggestive.

The cap at the start of this thread is downright odd in its appearance.

The authors of my cap making book had mean things to say about such caps and the people who made them.

SS Kepi for Review and Comment  

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast