Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

SS Kratzchen

Article about: I had thought that said object was outed as a fake. In 1933 such as it was, the runes were not yet in use in black peaked caps, this feature having been introduced later, I think.....with go

?

Default Re: SS Kratzchen

I have to disagree, I'm convinced it's an elderly Ludendorff.
    No matter though...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kratzchen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kratzchen
    P
    Many

?

Some other interesting images from the pre 30's era.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kratzchen   SS Kratzchen  

SS Kratzchen   SS Kratzchen  

SS KratzchenNot to be didactic, but this is an image of Ludendorff not long before his death ca. 1937 or so. He had distanced himself from Hitler and had become a publisher of esoteric tracts with his dear wife. He was courted by the military opposition to Hitler, such as it was in said year, and was venerated by officers, but not central to the pantheon of the regime.

?

I conceed. Not Ludendorff then..
    Just a random postmaster from Dusseldorf with a huge bunch of flowers.

Thanks to all for their fine contributions, especially to Mr. Ben and Messr. d'Alquen. I am sorry that the cap is likely a stinker from the 1980s, but the images of the SS PB material are a treasure in themselves.

I have several friends in Dusseldorf, actually.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    SS KratzchenNot to be didactic, but this is an image of Ludendorff not long before his death ca. 1937 or so.
    I find it very difficult to tell the difference between Ludendorff and Hindenburg in their later years.

This is Hindenburg .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kratzchen  

Quote by BenVK View Post
    I find it very difficult to tell the difference between Ludendorff and Hindenburg in their later years.

This is Hindenburg .

Yes, the figure with Hitler is surely the President of the Reich, Hindenburg. It is true that the two men had mustaches, but one was from the nobility and one was middle class, with a difference in their chin bones. Also, Ludendorff always looks more berserk, especially in the later pictures, while Hindenburg looks somewhat more the part of old soldier and grand parent.

German history is always interesting.

SS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenAnd today's Germany has many nice women in it, too.

I do think we frequently need some relief from the arcane and obscure things with foetid woolens, and this endless prattle about fakes.
    Also, Karneval season began in Cologne recently...so one should mark that fact, too, nicht wahr?

The sad truth is that someone threw away all the SS Kraetzchen at some date known only to Providence and higher powers, along with the destruction of most of these things either at the time, or in the decades after (present in my weakened memory) when all of this was truly regarded as so much junk.

SS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenDon't you think that Lundendorff looks more berserk than Hindenburg? Maybe it was glandular.

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast