Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

SS Kratzchen

Article about: I had thought that said object was outed as a fake. In 1933 such as it was, the runes were not yet in use in black peaked caps, this feature having been introduced later, I think.....with go

?

Default Re: SS Kratzchen

Berserk is one way to put it. Completely disillusioned with that slighty unhinged look is another!

I look like him quite often in fact..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kratzchen
    P
    Many

I am sure you are much better looking. He really was berserk, in fact. You can see it in his eyes.
    I assume certain figures who pry the insignia off of caps look as nutty, but they are not as well dressed.
    Nor as literate. He did write a lot, but what he wrote was mostly drivel.
    I have deepened myself in the subject, as it were.

Robert H gave a good definition of Kraetzchen on the other site as to the creatures of the cranial region that took up life in said headwear in the 19th century.
    Akin to the prevalence of fakes in the present and the Loch Ness monsters or Phantoms of the Opera, or whatever that plague headwear collections even more than head lice.

Pfui.SS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS Kratzchen

?

Didn't Ludendorff have a complete mental breakdown in late 1917? I don't think he ever recovered from it.

I stumbled on these nice images of the black cap today. It's rare to see one example at one point in time from so many different angles.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kratzchen  

SS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenWhile the above may try the patience of SS head wear persons, here is some SS head wear.

SS KratzchenSS KratzchenShea told me, by the way, that his cap he recently listed on his site has sold.....

Quote by BenVK View Post
    Didn't Ludendorff have a complete mental breakdown in late 1917? I don't think he ever recovered from it.

I stumbled on these nice images of the black cap today. It's rare to see one example at one point in time from so many different angles.
    It was at the time of summer 1918 when the allied counter offensive in the wake ofSS Kratzchen Operation Michel took hold. Very nice portraits of some SS officer.

Here is what he is wearing in his noggin.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I do think we frequently need some relief from the arcane and obscure things with foetid woolens
    We do indeed!

I've bought more paintings than I have hats recently. This one is by a very talented Irish artist now living in Barcelona. I get more joy out of looking at it every day than I do looking at the hats in the basement.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kratzchen  

Very nice image, thank you. I shall include my war art from the era that was the property of my great uncle.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    SS KratzchenSS KratzchenShea told me, by the way, that his cap he recently listed on his site has sold.....
    The Shea cap leaves me stone cold in all honesty. If the stitching between the sweat leather and stirndruckfrei velvet strip is all authentic (which I doubt) then it's very inferior work.

Quote by BenVK View Post
    The Shea cap leaves me stone cold in all honesty. If the stitching between the sweat leather and stirndruckfrei velvet strip is all authentic (which I doubt) then it's very inferior work.
    Well, my friend, I only relate what he wrote to me. The other cap with the upgraded band sold as well, to a fellow person on our site.

There is much in this world that unfolds beyond our comprehension and grasp.

I have enough black SS officer caps. But others do not, and on and on.....

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast