Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

SS Kratzchen

Article about: I had thought that said object was outed as a fake. In 1933 such as it was, the runes were not yet in use in black peaked caps, this feature having been introduced later, I think.....with go

?

Default Re: SS Kratzchen

I've never owned one in fact. Some that I have seen are stunning (most of which are in your collection) and some like the Shea cap do not appeal at all.

On the subject of paintings. I'm considering buying this one. Painted by Mark Postlethwaite, signed by Gunther Rall, once owned by James "Johnnie" Johnson and is being sold by his son. Not cheap however....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kratzchen  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kratzchen
    P
    Many

Very nice painting of the Bf 109. I have a great soft spot fro the Luftwaffe for personal reasons that I won't examine here.
    Thanks for the kind words about my collection, which, itself, is as irrational as possible.
    I wonder what these caps actually sell for in real life, which transpires beyond my seven sins, that is for certain. I know what I have paid, but always think I have over done it....
    The pictures are inherently more valuable than the junk, and most valuable in my experience are the persons who actually flew and still fly, who are my friends and compatriots.

?

My brain is jumping all around tonight, apologies.

There was mention on another thread here recently regarding how cupal insignia can tarnish so severely. I found this image today which shows the large degree that it can.

Quite astonishing.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kratzchen   SS Kratzchen  

SS KratzchenSS KratzchenI have several pieces like this on caps, and it is a reflection of the silver content in same, I think. See enclosure.

?

Oxidation and time is all it takes, much like what happened to Ludendorff.

Can someone please post an original SS Kratzchen as to put an end to my ramblings!?

I second Ben's wish to see a real SS Kraetzchen that can withstand the pitiless scrutiny of the sites.

Thanks to others for their constructive help with this issue.

The photos of the SS Politische Bereitschaften and the grey caps with the peak are especially significant.

SS KratzchenSS KratzchenSS KratzchenThis cap also has a pretty blackened cap badge, in fact.

?

I looked in the Mollo books today and although there are these nice and relevant images, very little other information about this "first pattern feldmeutze" is published. Also "Kratzen" is an unfortunate misspelling to make..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Kratzchen   SS Kratzchen  

SS Kratzchen  

The caps in the Mollo illustrations plainly are identical in form to those of the old army, i.e. they are floppy and without a rigid structure, as one would expect based on the Rw and old armies prototypes.

Who can find the howler of an error in the image of the Zossen troops with their soup bowls?

All the same, I still think the Mollo books are the basis of all our thinking about these things, even if they are now old works. I met him in London in 1971, as a matter of fact.

?

Well, I'm not sure what 11th "Coy" means...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast