Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Kratzchens for Review

Article about: Falleneagle is looking for help on these 2. I am not a fan of the 2nd, and the first may be Imperial Verein related (at best), or for a costume house. Thoughts?: falleneagle67's Photostream

Default SS Kratzchens for Review

Falleneagle is looking for help on these 2.
    I am not a fan of the 2nd, and the first may be Imperial Verein related (at best), or for a costume house.

Thoughts?:

falleneagle67's Photostream
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Kratzchens for Review
    P
    Many

Hi

I have to say that these both seem to require a leap of faith in my opinion. But when you are looking for the holy grail........

The oilskin sweatband gives me concerns because it points to the 1910- 1919 period rather than the 1930's. Also why put a sweatband in a cap designed for field use and fatigues. The Imperial issue caps had no sweat band and only private purchase ones seem to have them and these caps were bought for "best" not running around a field.

Material wise I'm not sure about either but then maybe it's period just don't look right to me, especially on a field cap. They seem a bit rough and ready from a manufacturing perspective.

Just an opinion but then I don't collect SS so can't speak from a great authority on ss-vt materials.

Good luck with your decision.

cheers

Tony

SS Kratzchens for ReviewSS Kratzchens for ReviewNo one can seriously believe that these items are original.

The oilskin sweat band was used in real SS caps, however.

?

Agree with my learned colleague.

I would not consider either of these caps to be anything but recycled imperial era caps.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

and the ones used by the Stabwache, or Sonderkommando Zossen were also likely recycled caps, but the chances of finding an authentic one are rather slim.

Peaked caps of the same era, however, do exist, as we have shown here.

All too droll.

There are certain objects which mesmerize collectors and yet are, 99.9% of the time, silly fakes.

The SS Kraetzchen is one of these things.

after all, the first brown shirt was nothing more than a recycled imperial tropical uniform and on and on.

It never ceases to amaze me the little tight circles in which some seekers manage to spin, and yet get no where.