Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap

Article about: by Larry C I always like the 11th hour rescues. Not sure what you mean Larry. Anyway, here's the first photo evidence I've ever seen of a waffenfarbe cap worn in a camp. Quite remarkable. &q

Default SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap

Hello All,

Has this cap been previously discussed on this forum?

Kind regards,

Grant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap   SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap  

SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap

Hi Grant, we haven't discussed this one yet. What do you think about it?

I am not sure at all, it exhibits none of what I am familiar with. It was apparently made at Dachau itself. I am really dependent on the expert opinions found here (especially yours Ben, Bob and F.B.) as if indeed original it would be , in my belief, an exceptionally rare cap.

SomeSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap more images

The skull seems strange and doesn't look like anything i have seen before?

thanks,
    Caleb.

The "scull" is a 08/15 Austrian fake of the 1970s and 1980s, seen all over the place....

Fake insignia are found on real caps, which I am highly disinclined to believe this cap to be.

We have many images of real black and grey caps with the cloth peak.

I am not aware of any authentic cloth peaked field cap with Waffenfarbe....

As a matter of record, though it is debatable, the Waffenfarbe was introduced as this cap was phased out, but I will leave it to Mr. D'Alquen to correct me.

SS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapA real Assmann "scull" of either alu (here) or zinc has a different appearance. These images courtesy of the maroon whoopee site.

SS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSome items for comparison. The Wolfe cap is now in the collection of a member here. The black cap is now in the hands of Paul Sack, and the grey cap is one of two of which I am aware....

NONE OF THE ABOVE IS MY PROPERTY.

In the main, "colored pipes" especially in this Waffenfarbe give me kittens. That's why I sold all of mine, to include one now owned happily by Paul Sack, actually. It was a Jaeger one, though.

I'd be happy to be proved wrong, and then I will eat my hat, of which I have more than one. SS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked CapSS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap

One should put this thing in the cap authentication forum, where others will comment on it, too.......

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast