Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap

Article about: by Larry C I always like the 11th hour rescues. Not sure what you mean Larry. Anyway, here's the first photo evidence I've ever seen of a waffenfarbe cap worn in a camp. Quite remarkable. &q

?

Default Re: SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Your person was a kind of Oskar Schindler
    Indeed he was but until an hour ago, I had never heard of him before!

I find this passage quite fascinating.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap   SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap
    P
    Many

?

Here is an example of said cap with the generic Deutsche Wertarbeit trademark.
    I have been unable to prove it yet but I believe that a lot of Deutsche Wertarbeit marked items where actually made in the Ghettos of Lodz, Bedzin, Kaunas etc.

I don't think any peaked hats were made in Dachau but who knows.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap   SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap  

SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap  

Thanks for this. As I wrote above, far more significant than the drivel we read about Lubstein's workmanship and other ahistorical clap trap.

If the first cap is real I am Donald Duck...

?

This is the proof I've been looking for years!

"In 1987 someone rummaging in a second hand bookstore in Vienna came across a set of about 400 color slides. Upon examination, they turned out to be images of the Lodz ghetto, taken by Walter Genewein, the Nazis' chief accountant. After Genewein died, his companion sold the pictures to the bookstore in Vienna. From there, they made their way into the collection of the Jewish Museum in Frankfurt, and also into Jablonski's movie "Photographer". Genewein must have had his reasons for selecting one view over another and for carefully numbering the images, as if to create a sequence. "
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap  

Bravo, Ben, we have seen these images before. All the more reason to spend time, as I do, in book stores in Vienna.
    Such a Tellermuetze is very rare and has much more significance than the run of the mill ones we see here.
    Thanks for your interest and added value you bring to these threads. Our other readers can well emulate your fine example.

?

You're quite right FB, Chris posted these before on our outstanding muetzenfabrik thread.

Some great shots that haven't been posted here before though as far as I know.

SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap   SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap  

SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap   SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap  

?

M43 caps being made by kids in Lodz
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS KZ Cloth Peaked Cap  

?

Back to the thread topic. This is a photo of an SS Unterscharfuehrer from the camp staff in Westerbork, circa 1943.

The peak looks to be made from fabric but is very thin and almost amateurishly made. Note the arm eagle on the cap.

Good Job Ben! I always like the 11th hour rescues. Photos are everything!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast