Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS KZ Schirmmütze

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN Another piece of 4th Reich junk. Where do you find all of this stuff? Doesn't like to say Bob he must want to keep this supplier to himself !!

Default SS KZ Schirmmütze

Opinions on this example would be appreciated.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS KZ Schirmmütze   SS KZ Schirmmütze  

SS KZ Schirmmütze   SS KZ Schirmmütze  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS KZ Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

?

Default re: SS KZ Schirmmütze

The totenkopf appears to have flashing around the eye sockets, which doesn't look good to me. As for the visor itself, its not KZ, but I shall let somebody such as Friedrich-Berthold cast their eye over it, as they are far more learned in this area than I.

Regards,

Carl
    Last edited by CARL; 03-23-2012 at 11:11 AM.

Does the cap itself have any labels such as RZM? To me it doesn't look good. I'm not an expert and I could be wrong.

SS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSorry to write, but a real piece of junk. Typical of a species of fake made by the thousands in the last twenty odd years and a source of heart break and misery for many more with little insight into this regalia.

Contrast. We have many, many pictures of authentic SS caps here. Please look at them.

Another piece of 4th Reich junk. Where do you find all of this stuff?
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

SS KZ SchirmmützeThe cap here on the right is that of an SSTV officer, and thus, a concentration camp cap of a kind. The dealer who sold it to me mis identified it, actually. The cap on the left is featured prominently in the Shea Beaver book and now resides in the collection of a close friend. Of course, granted my own special powers, I have sold several caps that later turned out to be in noteworthy books. The cap on the left never looked as good in real life as it today looks in the picture book, a fact that is subtle and sublime.

However, the cap on the right is indeed that of an SSTV officer commissioned in the year 1937. The cap was wrongly attributed to another officer, with a very small head.....

History is made up of details, some quite obscure.

The cuff titles are of the type for the Sturmband as introduced in mid 1937, and are not really officers' cuff titles, save when the wearer was a Standartenfuehrer of said Standarte; otherwise this is the Sturmband with the alu borders and no colored borders as worn prior.

Also, a subtle fact....

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Another piece of 4th Reich junk. Where do you find all of this stuff?
    I agree, I have never seen so many fake items from one person. You need to find another dealer IMO..........

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

SS KZ SchirmmützeHere is an example, again with white piping, but illustrates a prototype. This cap was likely made in the year 1938 or 1939.....

?

Quote by reichss View Post
    Opinions on this example would be appreciated.
    do a search on color piped ss caps and then spend a little time reading.
    the answer will be apparent.
    Thanks F-B and Mr Coleman
    SS KZ Schirmmütze
    SS KZ Schirmmütze
    SS KZ Schirmmütze
    SS KZ Schirmmütze

To add to what F-B has told you and Bob Coleman put in terms we all understand the Waffenfarben (color of arms of the WAFFEN SS) for KZ-Lager visors was light brown not the color on that post 1945 hat you have.This was true in regulations for 1940 or 1943.F-B could enlighten you on the change back to regular piping,which was ignored buy many Waffen SS officers throughout the 1940-1945 war years!Either post that bad stuff on the WRF or get some books,etc as you are threading in muddy and expensive waters!! Carl

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast