Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS KZ Schirmmütze

Article about: by BOB COLEMAN Another piece of 4th Reich junk. Where do you find all of this stuff? Doesn't like to say Bob he must want to keep this supplier to himself !!

?

Default re: SS KZ Schirmmütze

Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Another piece of 4th Reich junk. Where do you find all of this stuff?
    Doesn't like to say Bob he must want to keep this supplier to himself !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS KZ Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

?

Default re: SS KZ Schirmmütze

The amount of fakes around is simply staggering.

Default Re: SS KZ Schirmmütze

Waffenfarbe on caps was introduced and abolished in the course of the year 1940; however, in view of the tendency of German soldiers of all kinds to flaunt regulations, to say nothing of the tendency of cap makers either to ignore such regulations or not even to be familiar with them, I am sure the truth here is much more complicated than we know. Waffen SS caps were freed from the RZM in early 1941, at which time they were made by whomever in their thousands. Look in the RZM handbook at how many cap makers truly existed---far more than Wilkins or his followers have ever divined. I have never seen a grey cap with concentration camp piping I thought to be even remotely real. In fact, the two "pipes" I have owned, I de accessioned at bargain prices and these pieces now reside in premiere collections. The sight of them so irritated me because of these posts that I only wanted white piping in my solar system.....SS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ Schirmmütze
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-23-2012 at 07:12 PM.

?

Some pictures of the coffee brown piped cap that I used to own.
    In my personal judgement, the real deal and very, very rare.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS KZ Schirmmütze   SS KZ Schirmmütze  

yep fake....

And an older fake. They over-padded these. Note the characteristic short sweatband which is over-tanned to the point it looks painted.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

SS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeThe cap cover is the wrong shape, as Mr. Mint observes, because of the padding, but also because these caps were NOT made by the same hands and with the same skill as the ones I have included; the piping is odd; the cap band is usually the wrong width; the field grey textile is off in color and et cetera and pi pa po.SS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ SchirmmützeSS KZ Schirmmütze

"Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water..."
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Hi, thank you all for sharing your opinions and knowledge, it's strongly thought the cap is a post war version, only two for it being original and over a dozen that it's a repro.

And may I say again, I post these items that I feel are sus for learned comment, I seem to attract a lot of criticism because of this.

If this forum is only to post unquestioned original items ( of which I have a room full ) it would be somewhat dull and predictable.

Brad.

Hi Brad,

I would love to see you post some of your room full of original unquestionable items individually for us to look at and learn from.

Though I agree if we all posted good items all the time it would be predictable, but the same can be said for posting items for verification all the time.

If we dont see the good items, how can we tell good from bad! Please show us some good items

Regards
    Jason

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast