Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS M43 Cap?

Article about: I am a rifle/pistol collector and have an opportunity to purchase an SS M43 cap. I have tried to do research online but, as one usually gets with the internet, keep getting mixed information

ErinGoBragh
    ?

Default SS M43 Cap?

I am a rifle/pistol collector and have an opportunity to purchase an SS M43 cap.

I have tried to do research online but, as one usually gets with the internet, keep getting mixed information.

Since I only have till the end of the week to decide if I want it, I figured I'd take the easy route.

If someone could also point me in the direction of the best books to buy regarding headgear, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

SS M43 Cap?SS M43 Cap?SS M43 Cap?SS M43 Cap?SS M43 Cap?
    Last edited by ErinGoBragh; 03-14-2011 at 11:00 PM.

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS M43 Cap?

Not being too familiar with these, really, but having some ideas about this one,
    I'll wait until the experts comment to see if their answers are what I expected.
    Regards,

Steve.

Hi, and welcome to the forum! You will find solid, accurate information here.

I can tell you with 100% certainty that this is a Janke made fake cap from the early 1990's. I have written a thread about these caps on the forum. In order to help you, I have stuck it at the top of this forum.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade. Suspicion confirmed..................!
    Regards,

Steve.

Modern Copy

Yes, the La-co maker mark is a dead giveaway.

?

The insignia is also bogus.

This area is a minefield and I know not of any books that could really help you here. Better to study all the threads on the subject and look at as many examples as possible, good and bad.

Hi and welcome,

Are you looking for books on german headgear to cover all branches of service / types of hat or just M43 caps ?

There are plenty of books out there......some a treasure trove of info and some just full of pictures of original pieces. Either way all very handy IMO.

Can give you some titles i would recommend if you let me know your interests...

cheers

tony