Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Nachrichtentruppe schirmmutze - for review

Article about: Greetings! I came across this seller who got this SS cap for sale...These things are a blank for me. He said he got it directly of an older couple in germany. He is asking 400 euro.....So ti

?

Default SS Nachrichtentruppe schirmmutze - for review

Greetings!

I came across this seller who got this SS cap for sale...These things are a blank for me. He said he got it directly of an older couple in germany.

He is asking 400 euro.....So time is of the essence if it is considered a real one.

What do you think?

SS Nachrichtentruppe schirmmutze - for reviewSS Nachrichtentruppe schirmmutze - for reviewSS Nachrichtentruppe schirmmutze - for reviewSS Nachrichtentruppe schirmmutze - for reviewSS Nachrichtentruppe schirmmutze - for reviewSS Nachrichtentruppe schirmmutze - for review

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Nachrichtentruppe schirmmutze - for review
    P
    Many

I know absolutely nothing about German headgear but I would of thought an asking price of just 400 Euros for such a rare cap is a red flag itself.

?

Quote by hucks216 View Post
    I know absolutely nothing about German headgear but I would of thought an asking price of just 400 Euros for such a rare cap is a red flag itself.
    Well, yes. But the seller doenst seem to know what he has got. Is my impression.

Without ever having one on hand but having read a lot here about these hats i would say it is bad... The grey material doesn't seem ok and the details on the metal insignias look very poor! All and all it seems very bad.

But if i were you i would wait other members to shed some light in this rather easy case!!

?

Quote by LizardKing View Post
    Without ever having one on hand but having read a lot here about these hats i would say it is bad... The grey material doesn't seem ok and the details on the metal insignias look very poor! All and all it seems very bad.

But if i were you i would wait other members to shed some light in this rather easy case!!
    Thanks for your oppinion, i'll definitely wait on other members oppinions

Seems a bit strange that the only places in the sweatband that have been torn is in the region of where the cords have been attached.

Yes, it is a fake from the ground up (no original parts).
    A real one would be selling for at least $12,000.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

But, how can u tell? If i may ask? Me with the untrained eye would say to my self that this might be a period example...But yeah, thats me without knowledge about this subject

I also couldnt find reproductions about this specific cap. How about it might be private made?

Cheers.

PS--the fake SS visors are in this forum and are pinned above.