Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS NCO Black Allgemeine Visor - Weitze

Article about: Hello gentlemen, I found this lovely visor and I'm interested in purchasing it. I have done some intense research and can't find anything wrong with it. That should be the normal thing as We

You guys are right, I'll pass. Too many issues with it... I will wait for a better opportunity. Thank you all for your help!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS NCO Black Allgemeine Visor - Weitze
    P
    Many

?

Regarding rebadging, that wouldnt be a big issue since it is like 75y since ww2 ended. So as long as the item is original, the insignia is original and nothing has been artisticly created, well then we should all be happy kids. It does not mean we like it..
    It is close to zero chance to say something has been original badged since before may 45. How many caps etc do you not think there are out there that were put together in 60s and so on? It is impossible to see if a item is put together in 1940 or 1960 if it has been done by a unemployed tailor etc in post45 europe

In the end you are the one who are supposed to be happy with this possible addition to your collection.

By buying ANYTHING you are not 100% saticfied about will work as a evil mind eating 1% bug that annoys you more and more everytime you see it: "Yes It is a wonderful piece of human history- But..."

Regarding dealers, there has been and will always be different opinions around them. In my eyes weitze is a okay guy- he is a trader selling loads of stuff for a healthy profit, he does not have any chance to know everything around all various items out there, and that goes for other dealers out there also. In the end i believe the dealer are offering a product- we are the ones that has to decided if we want to buy the product for sale. (And that is were we, the eccentric ocd bunch sometimes manages to sniff out possible details)

"Come Come, Special plice, Only fol you mi fleind"

I absolutely agree with everything you said, Trondk.

I would be more than comfortable with this piece if the insignia was legit, but it looks like that's not the case unfortunately. That mind eating 1% is extremely difficult to avoid, that's why I literally spend weeks or months studying and scrutinizing a piece before I buy it, unless it's for sale at a ridiculously low price.

I'm forgetting about this piece as I found another one a thousand times better. I hope I can show it to you guys soon...

As for Weitze, I still think he is ok after all, maybe just gotta be more cautious in the future (as with any other dealer needless to say) He has a huge amount of items for sale, so there are bound to be some bad apples...

Thank you again everyone for your replies.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3