Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS NCO Schirmmutze

Article about: I just wanted to get some opinions on this one. If its a fake......its a good one!! Thank you in advance for your opinions! Best Sam

Default SS NCO Schirmmutze

I just wanted to get some opinions on this one. If its a fake......its a good one!!

Thank you in advance for your opinions!

Best

SamSS NCO SchirmmutzeSS NCO SchirmmutzeSS NCO SchirmmutzeSS NCO SchirmmutzeSS NCO SchirmmutzeSS NCO SchirmmutzeSS NCO Schirmmutze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS NCO Schirmmutze
    P
    Many

Fake. A "middle class" fake.

Quote by GoodOldGermany View Post
    Fake. A "middle class" fake.
    Could you please elaborate why that is, Mr. GoodOldGerman? Are the materials used here wrong...and if so, what should they be? Inaccurate construction...bad craftsmanship? Again, if that's the case what parts and how should it of been done?
    Unlike some I'll admit I've bee privileged to viewing a prior discussion elsewhere about this visor where it has already been noted by several knowledge collectors (such as BenVK) as being made of all original materials. Now when they were all put together nobody seems to know, but a "middle class fake" it most certainly is not.

--
    And sorry to taint the pool with other opinions so hastily Sam but this item deserves an in depth analysis by qualified individuals. Something--hopefully--we'll find here shortly. All I can add that hasn't been said elsewhere is that it might be a good idea to send it off to someone you can trust. As usual, pictures are hardly enough.

- SS symbol inside the hat is missing, also the hash made of plastic for the nameplate
    - there is no identification label with size, producer etc. inside
    - visor looks new, like fresh from a chinese factory
    - if this hat is original, it must be older than 70 years! Do you really think after such a long time, it looks new?
    - leather stripe inside looks also new and untouched
    - leather stripe over the visor looks also new and the backside of the stripe is light, leather becomes dark with the time, because of the environmental influences
    - then look at the grey material, there is no one moth hole

Look on other photos in this forum and compare this model with them. You will see the difference....

Thank you gentleman.

?

You might want to post this in the cloth head gear forum. You might get some more opinions. I don't have the expertise to give an opinion.

Easiest "tell" is that it has what I call the "triple serial #s" on the underside of the sweatband.
    I have never seen these on period headgear, but they are commonly found on BRD and Austrian headgear from the 1950s.
    They are also found on very early Altestes (which I believe this one to be).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS NCO Schirmmutze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

[QUOTE=stonemint;1522199]Easiest "tell" is that it has what I call the "triple serial #s" on the underside of the sweatband.
    I have never seen these on period headgear, but they are commonly found on BRD and Austrian headgear from the 1950s.
    They are also found on very early Altestes (which I believe this one to be).[/QUOTE
    You put that one to "Bed" quite fast.... G
    Attached Images Attached Images SS NCO Schirmmutze 
    I'd rather be A "RaD Man than a Mad Man "

This cap has ghosted around before, maybe two or so like it. Mr. Mint must have these items in his great files.

Thank you again gentleman. I have found the literature thread and I am purchasing some of the recommended literature before proceeding on any further purchases.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast