Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Officers Cap that has been doing the rounds..... Ben Please HELP!

Article about: Ben, hoping to get some definate answeres on this one please. Has been up a few tims on WAF but no one came up with a definate answer on it. Original BUT with replaced sweatband? Replaced SW

?

Default Re: SS Officers Cap that has been doing the rounds..... Ben Please HELP!

Can i make an observation which is no way based on the type of experience that Ben has regarding caps, in picture 4 at the beginning of this thread, just above and to the right as you look at it by the eagle wing there appears to be stitch holes, would these have been an embroidered eagle? and as you suggest replaced with metal insignia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Cap that has been doing the rounds..... Ben Please HELP!
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Officers Cap that has been doing the rounds..... Ben Please HELP!

Dave,

I had another look and it's actually where the prong has been pushed through the cap. Part of the cap has been doubled over. Under the eagle is a defindate indent where the original eagle was pressed into the cloth. No sign of any clothe eagle being on there from underneath.

Cheers
    Mark

Ben tell right, the SW is replaced, the cap is a franky maybe...maybe not, I would pass

Hi friend. A replaced SW doesn't make it a franky. As stated the remainder of the cap appears to be untouched in construction.

Regards
    Mark

the sw construction is great, great work... this is a bad thing...
    after, I have a nice eReL cap with a Clemens Wagner SW like your cap, but about the waffen ss grey cap, one bad thing will be always too...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2