Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?

Article about: Hey guys, Since you are all so quick and to the point in helping out with other items I've come across, I figured I would put this one up for opinions as well. I know the pics are bad, but I

SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?The stitch is visible because the interior of the cap is yellowish. The Holters had a kind of Stirndrueckfrei system. You can see it here.
    Mr. Mint has posted this cap elsewhere. It was once the property of Mr. Richard P, who has gone on to cap heaven.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?
    P
    Many

I passed on the cap, you guys definitely know its a fake, right?

SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?SS Officer's Cap - Holter's - Legit?
    Quote by klashownz View Post
    I passed on the cap, you guys definitely know its a fake, right?
    The range of human experience is open and without limit, but there are only a few real SS senior leader caps left on the planet earth. A very few.

The thing you posted is not one of these real caps, but if you want to believe otherwise, then be our guest. You are free to ignore decades of experience, and millions of dollars of expense and effort.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 06-28-2015 at 02:02 PM.

I never indicated I was going to believe otherwise. I trust the guys on this forum more than a seller...that's why I passed on it. I appreciate the help and hopefully some day I can have the opportunity to purchase a real one.

Klash--we appreciate your coming here for opinions before buying--a very wise move, and there are plenty of collectors that do not bother to accept the combined knowledge and experience that this forum has to offer.

In any event, the hat you posted is set up as an SS General's visor (due to the silver piping). These are extremely rare, and when they do come up for sale, I have seen them go from $30,000-50,000 (depending on maker and condition, and if attributed).
    Anyone trying to sell an SS General visor for 4 figures knows the hat is bad (but never let price be the sole indicator of originality).
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

hi everyone this old cap has just been found in a sealed unit in my grandads estate along with a dagger and a few medals cant find much on line about it or value any help appereciated its well worn with sweat marks on liner and top underneath smells a bit too any idea of value thanks

?

It is one of the Janke repro caps. New ones sell for - and I was surprised to see this - £ 200,-! This one will be worth much less regarding the state it is in.

See here: Janke black SS cap a la Mode "Holters"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2