Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Officers Schirmmütze

Article about: The insignia on the loopy Pz cap are fake, too, but I will not make a "scull" thread here, in turn. These were made by Breiter, a firm still in business, actually, but with very un

Default re: SS Officers Schirmmütze

SS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers SchirmmützeThe insignia on the loopy Pz cap are fake, too, but I will not make a "scull" thread here, in turn.

These were made by Breiter, a firm still in business, actually, but with very un political and un military objects.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 12-21-2011 at 03:50 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

SS Officers SchirmmützeAn authentic Waffen SS cap with Waffenfarbe, or so I think. It is not mine. This cap was made by August Mueller, Dachauerstrasse, Muenchen, which made many, many SS caps. The grey ones with the branch color, though, are rare and cause otherwise sane people to be very goofy.
    For this reason, I got rid of two real ones in my collection as an expression of disgust as well as desire to remain as un goofy as possible.

Moved. I also agree with my esteemed colleagues that this is a Janke stinker. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

SS Officers Schirmmütze
    Quote by BOB COLEMAN View Post
    Moved. I also agree with my esteemed colleagues that this is a Janke stinker. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.
    Thanks for the kind aid, dear friend. An unending story and one that gets less interesting in the retelling.
    It is a race between the "colored pipes" and the "sculls" as greatest black hole of dorky and goofy thingies in these precincts. I do not want to be the bearer of bad news, either, since the form it takes here is abrupt and caustic.
    Here, by the way, is what the "colored pipes" cost whole sale in their natural and innocent state....... Read under the heading of Besatztuche, if you please. Poetic and evocative are the Bavarian French renditions of the facing colors.

My nifty cloth book of samples sadly does not include examples of said facing colors, i.e Besatztuche. There are still some very nice textile firms connected with the clothing and fashion trade in Munich. There is a store that sells kinds of felt in all colors of the rainbow, and all uses that always appeals to me, but I never have time to go there other than for a few minutes. And, one hardly need add that the year 1935 is long ago, though this firm is still in business, i.e. the firm whence came this book of samples.SS Officers Schirmmütze

Yes, everyone is correct, the hat is a Janke. The Breiter logo is pure fantasy and has nothing to do with a real Breiter logo. The first time I saw one of these fake Breiters was in the old Kit Wilson book, "A Collector's Guide to SS Headgear."
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Mr. Stonemint might show us a real Breiter logo, in exchange I will show a real Breiter RZM tag.....!

Here you go. IMHO, one of the most tasteful logo designs of the Third Reich:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers Schirmmütze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

SS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers Schirmmütze

Thanks for the nice image. Very pleasing. The firm still has more than one filiale, I think, but no uniform caps of any kind.

Here is an RZM tag with the storied A1/2

The Janus headed logo in the fake is a hint of the larceny in said item.

SS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers SchirmmützeI do have the RZM Handbook, and should look to see whether there even was a Breiter in Rosenheim, but the book is fragile.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast