Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

SS Officers Schirmmütze

Article about: The insignia on the loopy Pz cap are fake, too, but I will not make a "scull" thread here, in turn. These were made by Breiter, a firm still in business, actually, but with very un

Default re: SS Officers Schirmmütze

Of course, the more I look at the RZM circulars, there is so much space expended on the announcements of whose license was invalid that I wonder how relevant these entries of 1935 really are?
    One day, when I have time, I must read these circulars much more carefully than I have, as I have scanned them for SS thingies.

Thus, if a license went stale after a year, and said firm did not renew it because they were in dutch with the authorities for whatever chicken sh!t Nazi reason, then did the license number go back in the hopper?SS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers Schirmmütze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Schirmmütze
    P
    Many

SS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers SchirmmützeSS Officers Schirmmützeriddles in enigmas of foetid woolens, the types of which you can admire here in this silly list also from 1935.

Here is a page from the 1990 Kit Wilson book, A Collector's Guide to SS Headgear. Note the fantasy Breiter with the same Janus logo. (& yes, the OKK "SS" visor is also bad, too).
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Officers Schirmmütze  
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Here is a page from the 1990 Kit Wilson book, A Collector's Guide to SS Headgear. Note the fantasy Breiter with the same Janus logo. (& yes, the OKK "SS" visor is also bad, too).
    All too droll, all too droll. The world is infected with fakes, fools, and cretins.

The Janus face at least reflects some aesthetic and philosophical irony in the faking field, of which little operates otherwise.

Mr. Mint, the onus is on you to write your own book, since the will to power in these threads is like water on the sand....

it has no endurance as a contribution to real knowledge.

The issue here which you are at pains to clarify with this post is: did this man know these were fake and created the book for profit, or did he naively put them there? I have no idea, as in 1990 none of us was nearly as clever as we are now, though I found these Janke things then to be full of plastic. I knew, and I would never have bought an SS cap associated with the German army. Yet, maybe SS people did use the Kleiderkasse later on....God knows by later in the war, the SS administrative regulations were co terminous with the army in thousands of ways.....

I must say that I do not care either way about the Wilson book. I do not own it. The authorship of books stuffed with fakes is so legion that it hardly arouses a raised eyebrow in me any more.

The parade of self crowned experts who are something less than so is equally as irritating as the Janke and Floch and Attwood hats that pollute the biosphere.

Let me provoke you all the more: the English language books on this stuff published in North America are not keeping pace at all with European books of the very highest quality. My publisher in Berlin has his 2012 catalog, and I am astounded at the magnificent books from the Militaria Verlag on all aspects of regalia. The antique publishing house coffee table wonders with no editorial process and open to any mediocre collector/dealer do not cut it for me, frankly.

PSS Who also has an answer to the question in pose in post 21 here as concerns the withdrawn RZM licenses? What does this fact mean for all these whacko lists one reads elsewhere as if they are holy scripture?

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    The authorship of books stuffed with fakes is so legion that it hardly arouses a raised eyebrow in me any more.
    And the reason why I refuse to pay the 60,70 or 90 or more pounds that these "educational" books cost and all the more reason why I am/was interested in getting involved in a project that is a publication of selective and relevant pages from period documents.

wijnand
    ?

Hi i am new here. I am after a replica of an ss visor (cap) with the fake Janus logo!
    As I am aware that it is not the real deal I will not beak the bank for it . However if someone has one or two copies, please let me know.

wijnand

I think you should put your requirement in a place where it will get more traffic. I am not sure where that is, but there is a for sale and wanted section here. The serious persons here are not usually traffickers in fakes, and surely not consciously.

wijnand
    ?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I think you should put your requirement in a place where it will get more traffic. I am not sure where that is, but there is a for sale and wanted section here. The serious persons here are not usually traffickers in fakes, and surely not consciously.
    I know, however I have studied various official archives and it is rather difficult to find this particular Item (ss visor with Janus logo) So if any body might have this in their collection (even if it's by mistake) I would be happy to bay it off them.

I, and a couple of others who have delved into it, have found no example of a license number being recycled. The best example of this is the addition of numbers after the Austrian Anschluss. All the 1938 serial numbers are new and in a higher range than previously allocated. From a bureaucratic point of view re-issuance of previously held numbers would have been a nightmare. The exceptions would probably only be the companies who reactivated their license agreements with the RZM.
    d'alquen

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast