Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger Maker

Article about: by wwiidaggers23 FB: Thansk that is what i was looking for. Just looking to be educated on the subject. Thansk again. Thanks. Sorry to break such bad news, but were this cap authentic, it wo

Default re: SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger Maker

The cap in question is one of thousands of such fakes that have flooded the collector scape in the past decade and more.
    It bears no relationship to an authentic cap. None.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger Maker
    P
    Many

Can you explain the relationships between the real thing and this? I am looking for an explanation on the details that distinguishing the visor.

?

I think you said it yourself when you stated that you know just enough to get yourself into trouble with this item, as you know your daggers then its FB and Stonemint who know their caps, can i ask why you are so sure of the date of construction
    and also could you state the "big names" you refer to as there is some contradiction
    regards Dave

DaveJB:
    The reason behind the construction date is the grouping and history of the items that i acquired them from. Once I finalize the history of the grandfather i will post with more details. The grandfather was not a collector and only had a handful of items in the grouping that he brought back. The son explained that the items were in is possession for over 25 years.

For starters, and I do not have the time to do a cut and paste essay, more than I have already done: the shape of the cap; the textile of the cap cover; the use of the Waffenfarbe; the logo with the typed name; the peak (its lacquer or lack of lacquer...); and on and on. Also the width of the cap band, and many other features.

Authentic caps with Waffenfarbe are very rare, too rare to describe, and are almost never found. Those of us here at work in this boiler room have seen hundreds, if not thousands of fakes of exactly this type. I have collected SS caps for more than forty years, and German military for forty five years.

FB:

Thansk that is what i was looking for. Just looking to be educated on the subject. Thansk again.

SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerCompare the shape of the cap in your image, and mine.

A pity it's a tiny size 7 (Euro size 56)....as I said, it would make a very fine wearing cap...I wonder where a person could find one of it's fake Latvian brothers...

Odd, how they always seem to make such diminutive size hats...Europeans must have different head shapes than we Yanks..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger Makercompare the treatment of the cap band and the piping in your image and mine.

SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerThe textiles in this cap were cut by someone other than a craftsman who actually made III. Reich caps. Nor is the thing made in the same manner. It is more like a soviet cap, as I also own a number of such things, actually.....I found them along the way....as it were.

The cutting of the woolen textiles into the pieces of the cap cover was a key stage, as is the fitting of the piping, especially the crown piping.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast