Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger Maker

Article about: by wwiidaggers23 FB: Thansk that is what i was looking for. Just looking to be educated on the subject. Thansk again. Thanks. Sorry to break such bad news, but were this cap authentic, it wo

Default re: SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger Maker

Quote by wwiidaggers23 View Post
    FB:

Thansk that is what i was looking for. Just looking to be educated on the subject. Thansk again.
    Thanks. Sorry to break such bad news, but were this cap authentic, it would be worth a very large sum of dough.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger Maker
    P
    Many

If the vet did bring one back, this isn't it. Unfortunately, many vets have hat their german war booty unknowingly swapped out by unscrupulous collectors over the years.

These hats don't go back that far. I cannot recall seeing them prior to the pre-ban heyday of Ebay--they were available in droves. They all have the milky-white sweatdiamonds with poorly copied logos and bogus SS officer names typed on a slip of paper.

They also don't hold up to their "advertising", as this one lacks the Frischluft vent system and the stirndruckfrei feature (cushioned sweatband).

As F-B points out with his pictures (which are worth much more than a thousand words), there simply is no comparison. There isn't even a real part in these things--they are fakes from the ground up.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I can only concur with my forum comrades here: it is a Latvian made fake. I find the wool used on these has a very distinctive look to the weave. It is heavy with an almost "knitted" look to it. This shows up well in the shot of the lower edge of the cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger Maker
    Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi, and welcome to the forum!

I can only concur with my forum comrades here: it is a Latvian made fake. I find the wool used on these has a very distinctive look to the weave. It is heavy with an almost "knitted" look to it. This shows up well in the shot of the lower edge of the cap.

Cheers, Ade.
    Especially so when compared to virginal swatches of original textiles of the era. This point of Ade's is a quick way to determine the difference between these poorly made fakes and the prototypes.

Some how I missed this thread. I must agree with everything that has been said with this cap. Unfortunately, it is not a good fake.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

die unendliche Geschichte: the un ending story. It crushes the soul. In a life that is very finite, how much time have I wasted dealing with fake grey SS caps and especially those with Waffenfarbe? SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger Maker

it's a Latvian fake yes... a bad copy
    the colored waffen ss caps are a true holy grail...

Quote by wwiidaggers23 View Post
    Stonemint: What distinctions give you the idea it was made in the mid 2000's. Just curious. This visor was made well before that.

Wagriff:
    I do not understand your post. What are you trying to say.

I have gotten the blessing on the piece form several big names. Just curious on what your are calling out. Thanks.
    I am still curious about the big names that gave a blessing to this cap....
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerSS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger MakerLet us please not have just another "SS pipes" thread.

This colored piping nonsense is so endless, and what, do tell me, does it produce?

The evidence in this thread is so weighty as to put the whole issue totally in the grave.

I should find a deep hole, put my collection in it, and blow it all up on You Tube and make the "scull" and "SS pipes" people watch same for twenty years, with their eye balls held open with cupal clips.
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 03-03-2012 at 09:08 PM.

?

Clockwork Orange springs to mind..
    Attached Images Attached Images SS Officers Schirmmütze Concentration Camp- JB Holzinger Maker 

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast