Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Panzerschutzmütze

Article about: Came across this cap at a miltaria fair. These caps are almost Always found with army insignia, but there are period pictures of SS man wearing it with similar insignia. Opinions are appreci

?

Default SS Panzerschutzmütze

Came across this cap at a miltaria fair.
    These caps are almost Always found with army insignia, but there are period pictures of SS man wearing it with similar insignia.
    Opinions are appreciated

Thx!
    Ger
    SS PanzerschutzmützeSS PanzerschutzmützeSS PanzerschutzmützeSS PanzerschutzmützeSS PanzerschutzmützeSS Panzerschutzmütze

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzerschutzmütze
    P
    Many

An authentic item of this type is exceptionally rare. The crash helmet piece is absurd here, with the insignia tags not found in headwear.
    Somewhere we have authentic SS beret insignia. They are also in the Bando Beaver book in clear detail.
    I have images of an original somewhere. I owned three army berets, so I can generalize. Sold them all for too little money.SS Panzerschutzmütze

Here are images of originals, not all perfect, but....none is mine.SS PanzerschutzmützeSS PanzerschutzmützeSS PanzerschutzmützeSS PanzerschutzmützeSS PanzerschutzmützeSS Panzerschutzmütze

There were different patterns of insignia, and, as near as I can tell, the top and bottom parts were identical to those used by the army.
    None of these had RZM/SS marks of any kind.

These were used in garrison and stocked in the Dachau depot well after the things were phased out in the front lines.

This display is absurd in this item, that is, an original item of this kind.SS PanzerschutzmützeSS PanzerschutzmützeSS Panzerschutzmütze These tags were usually for insignia or other items of uniform, and were employed in a time prior to the rise of armored vehicles in the SSVT.SS PanzerschutzmützeSS Panzerschutzmütze
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 05-25-2018 at 08:05 PM.

The Bw reintroduced the two piece beret in armor, I think, at the start of the 1960s. The bottom part here, the actual Schutzmuetze, is of this type.
    I own one of these Bw ones, actually. They exist in plentiful supply, which is dwindling in cases of this type.

- - ------- - -

Someone from the US Pacific NW posted a nice army example on the lords of the flies site, with very clear images of a nice, original with nice army badges.

?

Thank you for clearing this up.
    You provided excellent info!
    Highly appreciated as caps are not my field if expertise.

Regards
    Ger

Quote by gerrit View Post
    Thank you for clearing this up.
    You provided excellent info!
    Highly appreciated as caps are not my field if expertise.

Regards
    Ger
    Thanks for the thanks. We try as best we can. I miss my three berets. I may have other images of an SS item and the insignia.

Good luck.

The RFSS model tag arose in 1934 and was phased out by about 1938, or maybe.....

That is, one associates it with a period where the SS at arms had yet to raise armored units en masse.

You have to know when a feature of regalia fit in the chronology in order to assess its authenticity.

Since there is so much fake SS junk sloshing around out there, it is smushed together higgelty-piggelty to the harm of the beginner.SS Panzerschutzmütze

In headwear, the tag is more or less seen in the years 1934-1937 or so, and maybe later. Then it was dropped, at least from the evidence I have seen.

One of you will tell me when the SSVT got its first armored vehicle that entailed the wear of this headdress.

I am not an armor collector beyond a desultory level, and someone must know clearly.

The images one sees of the SS beret are mostly after 1938, at least in my experience,

And so on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast