Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS Panzerschutzmütze

Article about: Came across this cap at a miltaria fair. These caps are almost Always found with army insignia, but there are period pictures of SS man wearing it with similar insignia. Opinions are appreci

Another, and I think that's it, no?SS Panzerschutzmütze

- - ------- - -

I guess the thing with these, truthfully, is the real ones look like fakes. They are very odd compared to most other embroidered SS insignia, truth be told.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Panzerschutzmütze
    P
    Many

I had multiple chances to buy an SS beret, but demurred from doing so in the end. I owned the three army berets, and, in real life,
    they are somehow very bulky and odd things, and one can see why they were dumped in actual wartime.
    They are good in theory, but, I am sure impractical as a thing to wear in duress.
    In a way, they are over engineered. I am always surprised that the Bw of the 1960s reintroduced them, but
    plainly someone in the army leadership of the 1960s recalled said object with nostalgia. The things
    were dumped a second time in favor of a normal Baskenmuetze.

?

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    I had multiple chances to buy an SS beret, but demurred from doing so in the end. I owned the three army berets, and, in real life,
    they are somehow very bulky and odd things, and one can see why they were dumped in actual wartime.
    They are good in theory, but, I am sure impractical as a thing to wear in duress.
    In a way, they are over engineered. I am always surprised that the Bw of the 1960s reintroduced them, but
    plainly someone in the army leadership of the 1960s recalled said object with nostalgia. The things
    were dumped a second time in favor of a normal Baskenmuetze.
    Fully understand this, i have been a Panzer commander myself in 1984-85 in Seedorf Germany myself, we had the integrated tankhelmet that was also on the BW leopard 2 in use.

Thx for all the info!

Its a pleasure to read and see these pictures!

Ger

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3