Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

SS Visor Cap Authentication Please

Article about: Could some kind sole give me an authentication on this SS enlisted mans visor cap, I'm 99% sure it's OK , right regulation color inside, RZM present. it appears to be stamped on the inner cr

SS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication Please
    Quote by keflin2612 View Post
    Very nice but is there any chance we can get back to the visor cap please.
    Cheers.

Kev.
    Please carefully read my post.

I shall repeat myself, however.

a.) the cap itself is likely real. However, the images you have included do not allow a definitive assessment.

b.) the badges are likely not. The Totenschaedel especially looks like a common fake.

c.) the cap, itself, was likely held, like hundreds if not thousands of others, in Czechia, which had in the period a very large SS presence.

d.) The item likely has the theater stamp of the national theater in Brno, the capital of Moravia, i.e. the eastern province of today's Czech republic. These theater costume
    treasures emerged at the latest in the late 1980s, with the eclipse of the Soviet system.

e.) I have collected black SS regalia for nearly fifty years, have a collection of some sixty SS peaked caps and about twenty seven black SS tunics.

d.) In normal circumstances, such an evaluation would cost you a percentage of the value of the cap, i.e. were you to secure it from a reputable dealer.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Visor Cap Authentication Please
    P
    Many

SS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseThis cap is ex the Barrandov Kostumfundus in Praha.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Please carefully read my post.

I shall repeat myself, however.

a.) the cap itself is likely real. However, the images you have included do not allow a definitive assessment.

b.) the badges are likely not. The Totenschaedel especially looks like a common fake.

c.) the cap, itself, was likely held, like hundreds if not thousands of others, in Czechia, which had in the period a very large SS presence.

d.) The item likely has the theater stamp of the national theater in Brno, the capital of Moravia, i.e. the eastern province of today's Czech republic. These theater costume
    treasures emerged at the latest in the late 1980s, with the eclipse of the Soviet system.

e.) I have collected black SS regalia for nearly fifty years, have a collection of some sixty SS peaked caps and about twenty seven black SS tunics.

d.) In normal circumstances, such an evaluation would cost you a percentage of the value of the cap, i.e. were you to secure it from a reputable dealer.
    Excellent evaluation by FB! Now, back to the blonde! I'll stamp her any day

The cap you include is the model ca. 1937-1938, more or less introduced in 1936, and well described in Wim's book and documented by us in hundreds or thousands of posts.

There are hundreds of detailed images of this kind of cap here, in detail.

Once more, however, the only way to know, is to examine it in hand.

There also exist today cunningly well crafted fakes that will fool 85% of collectors. Or 09% of collectors, especially those who are not familiar with the real thing.

Hi Kev,

You won't get better analysis than that !
    A yes to the cap and caveat of beware on the insignia..............all you need to do is buy it !

Thanks to FB. Expert advice indeed.

Good luck.

cheers

Tony

SS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseSS Visor Cap Authentication PleaseI have found some caps for Tony.

- - ------- - -

They need to be dusted off and cleaned lightly.

Thanks guys for all your help.

Kev.

Good luck.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2