Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

SS visor cap real? Help please

Article about: Hi all im new to this blog, My late grandfather has left me his collection of german visor capsvand amongst them i have found a ss visor cap, my grandad use to love collecting ww2 relics as

Stick them on the classifieds here then mate, give our boys here first dibs as they helped authenticate the caps for you.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor cap real? Help please
    P
    Many

Quote by stonemint View Post
    Ryan:
    Hello and welcome to the forum.
    As the others said, the SS visor is a reproduction.
    However, the others are real.

The dark blue one is for the Reickskriegerbund, a Nazi veterans organisation.
    The gray-blue with yellow piping is Luftwaffe Flight, for EM/NCOs.
    The Gray with Green piping is for Army Administration.

Hope this helps.
    Ryanc, you asked about the names of each cap in post #28. If you look at what I quoted above from post #10, you'll see stonemint already provided you with that information.
    As for their value, the Heer (Army) Administration cap alone is worth around 700-950usd. The Luftwaffe (Air-Force) example is probably worth around 500 and the Reickskriegerbund (veteran) cap is worth roughly around 400-500usd. I usually don't give valuations but it sickness me to see someone get ripped off and £300 for the lot is just plain ridiculous.
    Please keep in mind these are estimates of fair market value and at said prices it could take months or even years to sell them.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Ryanc View Post
    If i was to put these on ebay for auction/private sale would it be allowed for me to post the link on here? Or is it forbiden? I dont want to break any rules on here, just thought someone might like to purchase them for there collection? Kind regards to all of you helpful folk ryan
    Ryan,

Been following this thread from the beginning. The guys here have given you some great advice and we hate to see people get ripped off. I also always encourage people to keep items in their possession, expecially if there is a family connection. But if you do sell, as Sandgroper said, it would be nice if your first offering would be in classifieds here.

another note: you may have a hard time selling on EBay as they do not allow the sale of items with the Swastika.

Youthcollector gave you some nice advice on prices but as he notes, it may take quite a while at these "retail" levels. I recently bought a very similar Reichskriegerbund NCO visor priced to sell at $200. Prices can also vary by region/location as well.

Best of luck. Or maybe from what you have learned here, this hobby has sparked a light and you decide to stick with it and follow in your grandfathers footsteps!

Regards,

Michael
    Last edited by MAP; 01-09-2015 at 10:30 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Map brings up a valued point, these items were very special to your grandfather, who, in return, thought enough of you to pass them on to you. Once you sell them they're gone for good, period, there's no turning back. Yes, you'll have a few extra dollars-nothing special-but it'll be wasted soon enough on something likely insignificant, i.e: bills, food, etc. Hopefully after what you've learned here you'll at minimum sit on them for awhile and consider keeping them; I do understand you can't keep everything but from your statements it appears these were highly valued by him. My condolences for your loss....I too recently loss a love one and it's no fun.

Ryan, the thing to bear in mind when you are negotiating with dealers is that they all wish to maximise their profit. The less they pay, the more they make.

More often than not, you will be asked (by a dealer) how much you want for them. If you ask for some silly mega-low price - then that is exactly what they will give you. If you ask for anything close to their value, they won't want to know. They will never suggest a fair price to you if they suspect you know nothing about such things.

Quote by Ryanc View Post
    If i was to put these on ebay for auction/private sale would it be allowed for me to post the link on here? Or is it forbiden? I dont want to break any rules on here, just thought someone might like to purchase them for there collection? Kind regards to all of you helpful folk ryan
    I would suggest placing them in the classifieds section on the forum.
    You can sell the SS visor, but you must describe it as a reproduction.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4