Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS visor What do you think ?

Article about: What do you think of this ? and if it is real how high can i go in a bid do you think Thanks in advance ... im really in deep water when it comes to ss Caps Annoyed from this ads?  

SS visor What do you think ?SS visor What do you think ?SS visor What do you think ?SS visor What do you think ?
    Quote by Anon View Post
    A case of, if you have to ask then perhaps you should not be trying to buy something like this.

Luckily there are those with the knowledge and willing mess to help you. I understand why people are drawn toward these but why is it nearly always low post count new members who ask? These caps are very rare, very expensive and the fakes are often of a much higher standard than this pimped up post war piece.
    Thanks. Aporos the entirely germane phrase "willing mess" I have recently become entangled in two issues of this willing mess as concerns caps and the truth.

Our site is a wonderful place and I thank its fine moderators.

When I was a young pup, I got impaled on fakes with some regularity. All part of the process, really.

Today, however, the beginner or the novice of whoever has tools that would have been impossible, improbable and unknown in my salad days. SS visor What do you think ?SS visor What do you think ?SS visor What do you think ?SS visor What do you think ?SS visor What do you think ?SS visor What do you think ?SS visor What do you think ?SS visor What do you think ?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS visor What do you think ?
    P
    Many

Indeed, this is a wonderful forum with many fine members and moderators.

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Thanks. Aporos the entirely germane phrase "willing mess" I have recently become entangled in two issues of this willing mess as concerns caps and the truth.

Our site is a wonderful place and I thank its fine moderators.

A bit of a typo there FB, but perhaps it still conveys somewhat of my intended meaning. As always your willingness to help in the matter of such as this does not go unnoticed. Hats off to you sir.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Hi, I could never hope to have one of these in my collection due to cost, but without even handling one I can see that the thread starter has no chance of being a period SS cap. Study Friedrich's threads and it will all become clear what you need to look out for if you can afford one unlike me! Leon.

Quote by Anon View Post
    A bit of a typo there FB, but perhaps it still conveys somewhat of my intended meaning. As always your willingness to help in the matter of such as this does not go unnoticed. Hats off to you sir.
    Thanks, dear colleague. I think the phrase "willing mess" is a stroke of genius and well characterizes the fundamental truth of this all.

Forgive me for admittedly detracting from the actual subject of the thread; but may I ask about the nature of the photo album seen above and whether more images from it may be found somewhere?

Am I right in assuming these are pages from an album that once belonged to Julius Schaub? (He's in three of the photographs and the Sepp Dietrich portrait is dedicated to him.)

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Forgive me for admittedly detracting from the actual subject of the thread; but may I ask about the nature of the photo album seen above? Am I right in assuming it belonged to Julius Schaub? (He's in three of the photographs and the Sepp Dietrich portrait is dedicated to him.)
    Dear Colleague, I found that somewhere, and I cannot recall. It has nice cap pictures with nice cap badges.....maybe you can suck up the pictures and use tin eye to discern where it arose....

my best to you, FB

Quote by Friedrich-Berthold View Post
    Dear Colleague, I found that somewhere, and I cannot recall. It has nice cap pictures with nice cap badges.....maybe you can suck up the pictures and use tin eye to discern where it arose....
    Right; lazy me... Indeed I found it via a reverse image search: It's on the Hermann Historica site, in the catalogue for the 22/23 Oct. 2012 auction, where it was listed with a 7,000 € limit.

Hermann Historica - Internationales Auktionshaus für Antiken, Alte Waffen, Orden und Ehrenzeichen, Historische Sammlungsstücke

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Right; lazy me... Indeed I found it via a reverse image search: It's on the Hermann Historica site, in the catalogue for the 22/23 Oct. 2012 auction, where it was listed with a 7,000 € limit.

Hermann Historica - Internationales Auktionshaus für Antiken, Alte Waffen, Orden und Ehrenzeichen, Historische Sammlungsstücke
    Thanks.

Mr Oht--
    Welcome to the forum.
    These are two threads which you may want to start with--both depict fake hats:

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...oseurs-338398/

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/cap-a...visors-435996/
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast