Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

SS - Wintermütze up for Review

Article about: Sorry for my last and wrong post. I need to rectify because the wintermütze could be a serbian (chetnik) first patern cap, not an ustcha (croatian) cap. Anyway, unfortunately it's not a SS c

?

Default Re: SS - Wintermütze up for Review

I should clarify my remarks on the cap. It's Swedish and so marked in a lot of places to indicate that. Usually in the little ear flap pouches on the inside, you will see the 3 crowns.

They are a perfect hat to keep warm with. I have found many for around $10.

Time-Life books on WW2 shows them in use.
    The badges are round bulls eye circles. One has colors, the other has a number.
    Ich habe zuviel gegeben vor dem hute,$20. Na ja, jetzt trinke Ich kien bier. Klar kopf.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS - Wintermütze up for Review
    P
    Many

?

Indeed I saw this kind of hat and inspected one in the hands from one collection in Russia, inside is very typical German liner. But I'am not sure if it was absolutely the same hat. If you'll post the pictures of liner, I think I will remember it.
    The Russian collector says me it was a very limited production fopr Eastern front purposes
    In the next time I meet him, I will make some pictures of the hat
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Wow, Dimas,

I am very impressed to have you respond to this. I will do this. I was referring to my little cap. It looks very much like the one pictured. I will be glad to show it here.

I have it in storage in a warehouse and should be able to find it. Also it will be my first time posting a pic here, so it will be good for me to do that. I owe a pic of my panzer M-43 cap as well to the forum. I put much in storage as I am building my house and did not want things lost along the way. It likely will not be immediate. I guess if I get going, I could post some other m-43's here as well. I need to learn how, anyway.
    Thank you very much for the opportunity.

?

Hello JWS,
    Your information is spot on. I dropped by the auction house again today. Looked again at the "wintermutze" sure enough on the inside of one ear flap were printed three Swedish Crowns. So much for a real the "SS Wintermütze". Thanks for your impute.
    Best Wishes

Hi Alec, glad you have confirmed my thoughts too.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Hi Everyone,
    This is a post script concerning the SS - Wintermütze. Yesterday evening, I was at the monthly meeting of the militaria club, I raised the subject of Swedish army wintermütze being passed off as supposedly SS - Wintermütze at the local auctions. A couple of the senior members maintained that the Wehrmacht did in fact buy equipment and mützen from Sweden. Other collectors were skeptical, saying its highly unlikely, as Sweden at that time had a strictly neutral position, and no intention of endangering it, normal trade yes - military wares no, then on the other hand I believe they did sell iron ore, coal, destined for the war machine - so why not Wintermüzen? Could anyone add anything.

I have never heard of this in over 33 years of collecting and I am highly dubious of this statement.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Yes Ade,
    I have more than a few doubts - veer on the side of the skeptics - if there was a grain of truth in it, it would be nye on impossible getting collectors to believe it.
    Regards

?

I don't think that Heeres Verpflegungsamt bought the uniforms. They use what they have captured
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Byakkotai
    ?

Alec: As Ade said you, your "wintermütze" could be a serbian ustacha first patern, bud not an SS schiffenmütze (see the color, too).

regards.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast