Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

SS - Wintermütze up for Review

Article about: Sorry for my last and wrong post. I need to rectify because the wintermütze could be a serbian (chetnik) first patern cap, not an ustcha (croatian) cap. Anyway, unfortunately it's not a SS c

Byakkotai
    ?

Default Re: SS - Wintermütze up for Review

Sorry for my last and wrong post. I need to rectify because the wintermütze could be a serbian (chetnik) first patern cap, not an ustcha (croatian) cap. Anyway, unfortunately it's not a SS cap. However, pics from inside must be welcome.

saludos.

2. # ADS

?

This is a Swedish winter hat m/43. The German army in Finland requested to buy winter equipment from Sweden, however Sweden refused.

However, they did sell tents to the Germans in Finland.

?

A final belated postscript on "SS - Wintermütze", today I visited the auction house again for a preview of the spring auction. Looking through the spring catalog were the results of the winter auction sales. The "SS -Wintermütze" went for 170 euros plus house commision of 23% = 39 euro, buyer paid a total of 209 euros. As the reserve price was 5 euros, I imagine, for the price to go so high, there must of been a least two people interested in the Wintermütze perhaps more - I was definatly not one of them. Thanks everyone for all the posts.
    Best Wishes

?

I am getting fancy now and have figured out how to do 4 pics upload in the same post.

Hello Dimas, hopefully this gives and idea of the inside of the cap and other details. As Ade said, it is a Swedish cap with the 3 crowns.

It took me forever to want to tackle pics, but with all the help in tutorials, I did not need to take so long. It was packed away, however, and that added to my tardiness.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS - Wintermütze up for Review   SS - Wintermütze up for Review  

SS - Wintermütze up for Review   SS - Wintermütze up for Review  

Kip
    ?

The style is definately Scandinavian, but with that color, I would bet it´s Finnish.
    The Swedish one always has 3 crowns stamped inside.
    (The beige wool cap with the Totenkopf.)

hmmm Sweden neutral how bout bofors guns oerlikons as used by all sides during the war i tihnk Sweden remained profitably neutral So id say they definately sold military hardware

?

Quote by Kip View Post
    The style is definately Scandinavian, but with that color, I would bet it´s Finnish.
    The Swedish one always has 3 crowns stamped inside.
    (The beige wool cap with the Totenkopf.)
    You just lost a bet. It's Swedish as has been said. I know that for certain.

Not all Swedish military material has recieved stamping, however they usually have.

Quote by jws54 View Post
    I am getting fancy now and have figured out how to do 4 pics upload in the same post.

Hello Dimas, hopefully this gives and idea of the inside of the cap and other details. As Ade said, it is a Swedish cap with the 3 crowns.

It took me forever to want to tackle pics, but with all the help in tutorials, I did not need to take so long. It was packed away, however, and that added to my tardiness.
    The top insignia should be a nationality mark, I have no idea what is on it now is supposed to be. The lower one is a company mark.

Quote by panzerjaeger44 View Post
    hmmm Sweden neutral how bout bofors guns oerlikons as used by all sides during the war i tihnk Sweden remained profitably neutral So id say they definately sold military hardware
    The Swedish army did not sell these caps to the german army in Finland. And Sweden didn't sell military hardware (except to Finland), all we could produce was needed for our own army. Those guns were pre-war and license-produced ones.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3