Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Swiss or german/austrian visor cap?

Article about: Hello Guys! I bought this cap today. The cocade and the badge shows swiss qualities, but inside it exactly looks like a WWII german cap (visor is light brown and the liner band is leather).

?

Default Swiss or german/austrian visor cap?

Hello Guys!

I bought this cap today. The cocade and the badge shows swiss qualities, but inside it exactly looks like a WWII german cap (visor is light brown and the liner band is leather). The manufacturer is Litto-Kappe Wien. Anyway I didn't find any swiss visor caps on the internet. Did they made visors at all? What do you think?

Thank you!
    Swiss or german/austrian visor cap?Swiss or german/austrian visor cap?Swiss or german/austrian visor cap?Swiss or german/austrian visor cap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Swiss or german/austrian visor cap?
    P
    Many

Cap is Austrian--probably from the 1950s, however, I cannot tell you what organisation it was for.
    “Show me the regulation, and I’ll show you the exception.”

?

Thank you! I hope somebody can identify the organization! : - )

I can tell you that the red shield with the cross used on both badges is the coat-of-arms for Vienna. The manufacturer is from Vienna, too.

?

Thank you! So I think it's sure that the cap is post war.....

?

Hello levaid,
    this is a Viennese firefighter's cap (Berufsfeuerwehr Wien). The Litto Logo is quite ancient, as is the cap's shape (saddle shaped, not the typical Austrian saucer shape) so I suppose very early 50ies or late 40ies.
    Here is the modern version (unfortunately Litto no longer exists, they must have closed down several years ago already): https://www.raritaeten-shop.com/Samm...sol27lfhg4tk54

?

Big thanks! Great! I think it's a rare piece!

Swiss or german/austrian visor cap?
    Quote by ErWeSa View Post
    Hello levaid,
    this is a Viennese firefighter's cap (Berufsfeuerwehr Wien). The Litto Logo is quite ancient, as is the cap's shape (saddle shaped, not the typical Austrian saucer shape) so I suppose very early 50ies or late 40ies.
    Here is the modern version (unfortunately Litto no longer exists, they must have closed down several years ago already): https://www.raritaeten-shop.com/Samm...sol27lfhg4tk54
    Bravo, Wolfgang!

You can find in the Bundesheer of today caps with a surprising Wehrmachtschnitt to them, but they are few and far between.

PS. The elderly gentleman is an authentic citizen of Vienna and the young woman is a Pfieke, but she has become a citizen of the great metropole all the same.

Swiss or german/austrian visor cap?Siehe da. The award of the sabre in Theresianische Militaerakademie/ Wiener Neustadt!
    Last edited by Friedrich-Berthold; 10-12-2016 at 05:37 PM.

?

Some more interesting Information to the Kaserne (Burg) in Wr. Neustadt .. Gfm Rommel was also there for some time

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theres...C3%A4rakademie

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast